mark viii vs mach

mossbergman

Established Member
we did several races, me winning none:shrug:
the first race was a 35 roll. he was able to downshift to first (auto, 373s), while i was stuck low in second.(a bad place) I ended up getting beat by 3-4 cars
second race was from a dig, at a stoplight in mexico.We both melted the tires off the light with me getting the initial jump and the lead. by about 50 mph though he was coming around and had a fender on me when we shut down.

we did a few other roll races, all with me losing by abou 2.5-3 cars

after we were done racing each other though, we were cruising around and found a riced out civic with some messicans wif gold teefs. they were too scared to run the mach but would run me. they got the jump (just took off, no honks, no anything) so i started about 2 cars back, and had handily ran them down and put a few cars on them by midway through 3rd gear. i dont know if killing a ricer counts but it was fun :D

mods on mach-3.73 gear, underdrive pulleys, borla axelback, shift kit
honduh mods- fart cannon, mismatched rims, mismatched taillights, and some mexicans

Last edited:

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
Not surprised with the Mach beating you every time. Mach 1s are just plain faster stock for stock than our Marks. I'm still learning how to launch mine from a roll properly, just got it.

Nice runs at least you put the ricer in its place? Haha

mossbergman

Established Member
Well, we did some more running around last night. We got a lot more cars to play though :D. The players in this series were:
11 v6 manual - loud good exhaust, 3.73 gear, tune, cai?
13 v6 manual- loud Exhaust (also sweet for a 6), 3.90 gear, tune, some other stuff I'm forgetting..
13 gt manual- stock, i think..
01 bullitt- borla weld ins
The Mach
Myself

From a dig me and the sixes would run somewhat even till I hit second gear, where I would get murdered. I would consistently lose to them by 1-2 cars. They hauled ass.

Me and the bullitt ran then, from a dig. I spun through the entire intersection and he won by about a car. We didn't get another chance after that though.

The Mach vs the sixes. These were really fun to watch. They were very evenly matched, and it wasn't readily clear who had the advantage. They ran quite a few times with nobody really winning the majority of the races. Really good races.

Me vs the 5.0. Lol.... that is all that needs to be said

It was a FABULOUSLY fun night, and met some really cool new people
140.jpg

142.jpg

141.jpg

Last edited:

mossbergman

Established Member
cool death, and great looking mark8. looks like its in great shape.

Thanks. I had some of the most fun Ive ever had, especially since I had no plans on having some big group to roll around with on a Monday night

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Nice kills. Sounds about right. My buddy has a mark8 with 4.10s, full bolt-ons, stalled, tires, and he puts a 2-4 cars on me from a roll. It's hard to overcome weight.

mossbergman

Established Member
Nice kills. Sounds about right. My buddy has a mark8 with 4.10s, full bolt-ons, stalled, tires, and he puts a 2-4 cars on me from a roll. It's hard to overcome weight.

thanks. from a roll, especially when im lower second gear is when my car is slowest. the weight is a killer. I'm hoping to run about even or beat some of those cars when i get tuned in the near future

mossbergman

Established Member
Mark vs. Bullitt rematch

Me still untuned, him still same mods. 50mph roll, a whole bunch of times. I would either edge him out a car length or he would stay at my door. At 95 mph though, I would hit my speed limiter and that's when all the pulls ended. It will be fun to get some higher speed runs once I'm tuned (hopefully next week). It was fun fun

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Nice runs! My brother has always said he wants a Mark as a DD, and make it a decent sleeper. Looks like it doesnt take too much to make'm fun!

Users who are viewing this thread