Marley and Me

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I did a search and didn't find anything on it. I watched it last night for the first time and it was a lot better than I thought it would be. I figured it would be a typical man and his dog movie but it was a whole lot more. I really enjoyed it and it was maybe the saddest movie I have ever seen. But I am a big dog lover. Those who have seen it what are your thoughts?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I liked it and have now watched it 40 times thanks to my 3.5 Yr old daughter. There are some very funny moments in the movie as well.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I read the book first, which I thought was better than the movie, but the movie was good as well. As a dog lover it's a movie that you kinda have to see.

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
I watched it up until the dog got sick the first time. There's no way I could finish that movie without balling my eyes out. I hid in the garage pretending to wax my car while my wife finished the movie. I swear she cried for 3 days.lol

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
OP, that is so weird you started this thread! We just saw it last night for the first time, too! I was going to start a thread after I searched but you did the work for me hahahaha! I swear to God, I sobbed my eyes out during the end!:whine::whine::whine::whine: Reminded us of the times we've had to go through the same thing with our own beloved pets. The whole parenting experience was dead-on, too. It's a lot of work raising kids!:sleeping:

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
OP, that is so weird you started this thread! We just saw it last night for the first time, too! I was going to start a thread after I searched but you did the work for me hahahaha! I swear to God, I sobbed my eyes out during the end!:whine::whine::whine::whine: Reminded us of the times we've had to go through the same thing with our own beloved pets. The whole parenting experience was dead-on, too. It's a lot of work raising kids!:sleeping:

Yeah I agree. I enjoyed the family storyline as much as the dogs.

bright blue

Established Member
Good movie. Teared up at the end.....

"That's not a dog, that is the devil with a dog face!" LOL

Reminded me of my Dalmatian with the storms, she is scared to death of thunder.

M4RK

Established Member
I read the book first, which I thought was better than the movie, but the movie was good as well. As a dog lover it's a movie that you kinda have to see.

IMO when you read the book before watching the movie, its usually better.

The movie was good, I'm not a fan of sad movies but I have never cried because of a sad movie :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread