Married men and women.. Movie question

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Anyone seen the movie called Fireproof? Great flick. Really opens your eyes as to how everyday problems can accumulate and actually get out of hand if overlooked for an extended period of time. Highly reccomend it to all my SVTP brothers and sisters to help strengthen your relationship with your loved one and even a very good eye opener for those who plan on getting married anytime soon. Hope this doesn't offend anyone but the reason I'm posting it up is because a friend actually reccomended it to me and I have to say it was a very nice gesture in his behalf.:pop:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
I agree. We have the movie and the book. I have a good buddy that had cheated on his wife and was seperated from her and the kids and with the help of this movie, and other people, are moving back in together and working their problems out.

ssssnake

Established Member
Not married, but I've seen it Miguel. Good movie. My daughter-in-law bought the book, "Love/Dare." They're trying to take the dare. I hope it works LOL

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I highly recommend watching this with your spouse or soon to be's. It really shows life is hard enough and with marriage, jobs and other things it can be more than a challange. It also shows that a relationship demands 100% from both not just one or the other.

farmerhurd

Established Member
i would highly recommend it to any couple married or not, if you are serious get the study guide / book too. my wife and i are taking a class based on the study guide, very intresting

DrivenVA

Established Member
Terrible acting.

But dang good movie. Watched it with my soon to be fiance. ;-)

Yes, the acting was pretty awful, but keep in mind that all of the actors were volunteers, except for Kirk Cameron. Supposedly he donated all of his portion to some charity though.

The movie has a very heavy religious message, having been made by the church, but the practical implementation of that message I thought was sound. In other words, even if you are not a believer, there are lessons that can be learned from the movie.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Yes, the acting was pretty awful, but keep in mind that all of the actors were volunteers, except for Kirk Cameron. Supposedly he donated all of his portion to some charity though.

The movie has a very heavy religious message, having been made by the church, but the practical implementation of that message I thought was sound. In other words, even if you are not a believer, there are lessons that can be learned from the movie.

Axactly. All the actors were actually local volunteers and if I'm not mistaken, Kirk Cameron usually, if not always, does these films for his own beliefs and most proceeds go to either a charity or the church/organization he's involved with.. Hope I worded that correctly..

vickerw

Established Member
My Wife watched it & told me I need to watch it sometime, so I plan on it. Also, a local Church here is putting on a Fireproof play & is encouraging married couples to come watch it. I figure it can't hurt. I am about anything that could possibly improve my marriage & keep it strong.

CBrowning84

Established Member

Yes, I heard that as well. Kirk was the best, but probably because he was the only one that had decent experiance with his TV shows back in the day. :beer: Growing Pains FTW! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread