Maryland MACA Organizational Plates

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member
With an organization of just 25 members, Maryland MVA may issue organizational class registration plates for members...

http://www.marylandmva.com/VehicleServ/SpecialtyPlates/OrgPlates_Entry1.asp

logo plates would only cost the registrant a one time fee of $25.00... the plate would have the MACA Cobra logo to the left with MACA alphas stacked followed by 0001 - 9999. The bottom of the tag may read "Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association".

Information for organizations:

http://www.marylandmva.com/VehicleServ/SpecialtyPlates/Inform_org.asp

Sean - what do you think?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Damascus Cobra said:
With an organization of just 25 members, Maryland MVA may issue organizational class registration plates for members...

http://www.marylandmva.com/VehicleServ/SpecialtyPlates/OrgPlates_Entry1.asp

logo plates would only cost the registrant a one time fee of $25.00... the plate would have the MACA Cobra logo to the left with MACA alphas stacked followed by 0001 - 9999. The bottom of the tag may read "Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association".

Information for organizations:

http://www.marylandmva.com/VehicleServ/SpecialtyPlates/Inform_org.asp

Sean - what do you think?

Sorry for not responding to the e-mail, Greg! I've been very busy this week...

I think it's a sweet idea! Only question would be what if some people (Jason, Marlon, etc) already have vanity plates and want to keep them? Won't the "MACA" part take up the first 4 of the 7 allowable characters?

TRBO VNM

Blk03SVTCobra said:

I think it's a sweet idea! Only question would be what if some people (Jason, Marlon, etc) already have vanity plates and want to keep them? Won't the "MACA" part take up the first 4 of the 7 allowable characters?

No, the MACA would be somewhere else on the plate. like the bottom center or something. although the logo might restrict the # of characters we could have total.

Damascus Cobra

2003 RedFire Convertible
Established Member

organizational registration and "vanity" or personalized tags cannot be combined... Maryland MVA will not allow personalized organizational tags. Any existing Maryland tag would have to be turned in to the MVA.

The MACA organizational tags would all be the same in appearance and numbered as MVA receives the paperwork from the organization (Sean). The bottom of the tag would also be uniform for the entire run of tags: "Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association".

As you can see from the MVA links, there is some work to be done as far as "non-profit" designation, art work, etc.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
So we would still have room for our personal lettering ?
Maybe size the logo so we all can custom our plates ?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
BUNKY said:
So we would still have room for our personal lettering ?
Maybe size the logo so we all can custom our plates ?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't think the MVA will allow it, size aside. I believe that is what Greg (Damascus Cobra) was trying to say. And thus my only qualm...

Users who are viewing this thread