MAS Rotation Question

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Anyone know if it matters which position the mass air sensor is in?? I don't mean in relation to the throttle body or filter, I mean "ROTATION". I've seen them with the sensor rotated to the top, and I've seen them rotated to the side like the stock setup. Any educated info would be apprediated. Thanks, BK

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I've asked that before with no response on 1 of these sites. Be the test pig and report back with your findings. :beer:

FordFanStan

Established Member
When I had my MAC cold air intake I rotated mine around and found no diffrenece, although I didnt keep it on but for one day due to the fact that I had no tune and it was the 95mm maf upgraded from the 80mm maf and ran like shit the whole time...

Dont think that helped you at all, but just wanted to share anyways lol.. Hey are those pix up on that other site yet?

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
On top or on the side really doesn't matter. What matters is that the airflow indicator arrow is pointing in the correct direction. Not too hard to get correct. :beer:

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
When I got my tune from RWTD he said to make sure the sensor was in the factory position. He said this can affect how your A/F ratio. I also just read in MM&FF on one of their turbo projects that you could adjust the idle A/F by turning the position of the MAF. I am not sure how all this works just relating what I have been told and what I read.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Maybe I'm wrong about the top or side position :shrug: Wasn't trying to give bad advice. :beer: I've had the MAF positioned either way and it didn't affect anything. :shrug:Thanks for passing the info on from the experts.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I don't know why it would matter, it's in the middle of a round hole. As long as the air coming into it isn't disturbed or turbulent it position should have no effect. Mine is sideways and has been the whole time.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Aww hell...who knows for sure about this one?

Try it sideways and see how it feels and then try it on top and see how it feels. Kinda like good sex...sideways, on top, on the bottom, in front, behind, upsidedown, bent over, standing, kneeling...Whichever position works for ya use it. LOL.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
nastynivek said:
That sounds so nasty. LOL.
lol, yes, nastier than your comment even, funny how some things are better short and sweet, and ...well we wont go there will we? LOL
...thanks for all the info everyone, I'm just gonna leave it on the side where it came factory. No definite "put it on top" answers so I'll just leave it. FOr those of us that have it on the top, well, it may be best just to have it on the side if some people have heard that. BK

Users who are viewing this thread