mashed it at 40 in 2nd but it didn't seem to pull like it should.

Ralo

Established Member
My car seems to be running fine idling and driving normal. I was out earlier and mashed it at 40 in 2nd. It built boost but didn't seem to pull like it should. It would usually break the drag radials loose on a cool day but nope. It also seemed like it sounded different (exhaust). I don't have any lights on either. Anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas?

Oh yea I'm pulley'd, X, catback, CAI, and custom tune.

Ralo

Established Member
I/C pump seems to be working. No logs yet. I know how to datalog with my handheld but don't know how to get it off there.

Ralo

Established Member
Ok I didn't know that. I have a cable and a disk with it but seems like the disc was just a PDF file. Do I need any software?

jimc04

Established Member
does this only happen in 2nd? this might sound dumb but i had a problem like that and it was getting worse everytime i drove the car. finally after checking everything i took the intake off and put a brick on the gas pedal and the t/b opened half way floored. the gas pedal was bent not allowing the t/b to open all the way.

Ralo

Established Member
It didn't seem right in 1st either so it's prob safe to say it's any gear.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ok I didn't know that. I have a cable and a disk with it but seems like the disc was just a PDF file. Do I need any software?

YES. You can down load the software from the SCT site, I think it is called Live Link.

Do a little reading first just to be sure over there. It's been quite a while since I was on there.

Ralo

Established Member
Having trouble finding it on their site. I honestly don't know what I should be looking for when data logging either

Ralo

Established Member
93 Shell but last time I drove it I took it out of town and had to get gas at kum n go but I got 93 there. I was kind of thinking it could be the gas too. Also thinking maybe the MAF

Ralo

Established Member
Should the intercooler res be bubbling at all times? Last night when I check it was but when I just started it then it wasn't.

Ralo

Established Member
I guess when it's out it will make the car lose power? Just a simple replacement?

Shopboy

Established Member
i just replaced mine.its a simple replacement.just make sure to take out all the air.when mine went out it felt like it was a fuel problem.

Ralo

Established Member
I started the car earlier and the pump wasn't running then started it again and it was. Took it for a spin and it still acted the same, when I got home the pump was still going. This test drive was just down the road and back. Seems weird that it does it even when you would think the pump is running. Is there any for sure way to know that's what it is?

Blueline

Established Member
the ic pump will not run all the time. it has a temp sensor, then turns on. im guessing bad gas too.

Ralo

Established Member
So would changing the fuel filter and getting as much gas as I can out be my best bet? Luckily I didn't feel up last time so it's currently at about a 1/4 tank.

Blueline

Established Member
just go fill it up with good gas and run her a bit to get that possible crap gas out. If it doesnt work you will atleast have ruled it out. The IC pump wont come on until the main cooling system is up to temp. So once the car warms up, you should see it running. let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread