Mass Air question

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Can anyone tell me how to test my mass air meter and see if it is operating as it should? My car is getting HORRIBLE fuel mileage and has been steadily getting worse. I have tuned it up, cleaned the injection system, cleaned the TB and everything that I know to do. I just can't figure out what is makeing it sluggish and weak. Its fine when its cool, but once it reaches normal operating temperature, its just falls on its face. I am just wondering how to test my Mass air and see if the sensor has taken a crap on me.

twbrown44

Established Member
On the fox body 5.0 mass air meters, the electronics can be removed and the elements cleaned with denatured alcohol. The elements can get dirty from the oil on K&N filters, thats what it did to mine.
The performance loss was mainly at WOT, and it felt like it was falling on its face.
Hope this helps.
Terry

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah clean the MAF, when it falls on it's face that was my cause for the problems as well. There's these particles that gets past the air filter and was the cause for my car falling flat on it's face during WOT.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I have cleaned the MAF. But it doesn't really fall on its face. Its just overall pretty sluggish and just doesn't seem to have the power that it should. Its really lost the fuel mileage too.

Users who are viewing this thread