Master cylinder reservoir

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Where can I get a replacement master cylinder reservoir? The local Ford dealer can't get one and all of the parts stores only sell ones without the low fluid sensor.

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
They are the same as a 93 GT so I don't know why they are so pricey. I spoke to a guy at Autozone today and he says he can get me one for $12. I hope it is the correct one and has the low fluid sensor.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
cheapertokeephe said:
They are the same as a 93 GT so I don't know why they are so pricey.

What? The 93 Cobra MC is different from the 93 GT MC. The 93 GT is a 21mm bore w/ 3 ports. The 93 Cobra MC is a 1" bore w/ 2 ports.

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
In my opening sentence I state, "Where can I get a replacement master cylinder reservoir?" Maybe I should have highlighted/bolded the word reservoir. Anyway, now that we are all on the same page can anyone truly confirm if the Gt and Cobra share the same reservoir? Thanks.

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
The Autozone part didn't work. I ran into a guy I used to work with who runs the parts department at a local Ford dealer. I told him what I needed and he said that the 90-98 master cylinder RESERVOIRs are the same. He also said that the fluid level indicator switch is non-serviceable and is only available with a Ford replacement reservoir. According to him the aftermarket reservoirs do not come with the fluid level indicator switch, which was the problem I was running into.

Users who are viewing this thread