MATECH GT1 - The Next Generation Ford GT

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
The 2010 Matech Ford GT1 unveiled -Matech Competition 2010 Ford GT
-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0KzsMDWts&feature=fvw"]YouTube- Matech "Momentum"[/ame]

001.jpg
002.jpg

As early as 2009, before the regulations of the new GT Championship came into force, Matech Concepts started developing a new Ford GT1 based on the prototype fielded in the previous season. On the way to the Portuguese circuit at Portimão, Matech Competition stopped in Spain at the Ascari circuit to perform the roll-out of the new car. With Thomas Mutsch at the wheel, the first metres of the Ford GT1 went according to plan, just as the driver and Martin Bartek had been hoping: "The car is completely new. Not a single element, be it the engine, the transmission system, the suspension or aerodynamics are the same as those of the Ford GT1 from 2009. The roll-out was very promising, and we are confident with regard the forthcoming season.”The next step will be the “balance of performance” at Portimão on 3 and 4 February, followed by further testing at the Alcañiz circuit where a handful of previously selected drivers will take the wheel of the Ford GT1. This first stage will then be concluded by the presentation of the vehicle to the press in Paris on 1 March.

------------------------------
003.jpg

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
I'd rather take a stock one than something that appears to have been left in Mexico overnight.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I'd rather take a stock one than something that appears to have been left in Mexico overnight.

You guys crack me up! We here in America have no f'ing clue about what racing is all about. Its obvious to compete in GT1 that they had to make substantial changes to the existing Ford GT to make it competitive in the GT1 class, just like every other manufacturer. Its a specifically designed "race car". Not a show car, a trailer queen, a street racer etc......but we'd rather watch some bullsh*t cars go round and round on huge ovals and the occasional road course and call that racing. Broaden your horizons and appreciate the cars for what they are......"race cars"!

Common

Established Member
You guys crack me up! We here in America have no f'ing clue about what racing is all about. Its obvious to compete in GT1 that they had to make substantial changes to the existing Ford GT to make it competitive in the GT1 class, just like every other manufacturer. Its a specifically designed "race car". Not a show car, a trailer queen, a street racer etc......but we'd rather watch some bullsh*t cars go round and round on huge ovals and the occasional road course and call that racing. Broaden your horizons and appreciate the cars for what they are......"race cars"!

It is ugly as ****. I do not care what it was built for and how fast it is, it sure can't outrun ugly.

LOL at your assumption that I'm a nascar fan.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I wasnt attacking you...just used your quote for example of people not liking the car..nothing personal about Nascar as I watch it occasionally too. I just think that Americans are pretty short sighted about their likes and dislikes outside of our own borders and our lack of appreciation for automotive "art"

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I was wondering what the engine details are because I knew they were not running a 5.4 supercharged engine in that series.

Here is what I found..

Matech-Ford GT1 - Supercars.net

"The new Ford GT1 reflects in true fashion the spirit of its historic predecessor, the legendary GT40 of the 1960s. Having returned to motorsport in the GT3 class in 2007, the Ford GT will represent this heritage at the pinnacle of GT racing from 2009 as a GT1 car.

Based on one of the most powerful V8 engines in Ford’s modular engine family, the Ford GT1 Cammer 5.0L engine produces 600 bhp and 640 Nm of torque. Both figures are very impressive even when compared to those of the 7-litre engine that won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966 and 1967. Owing to an 8 single butterfly inlet manifold, the output of the latest GT1 car’s engine has been increased by 50 bhp when compared to the GT3 version.

Matech Concepts has proven the Ford GT’s value in winning the 2008 FIA GT3 European Teams Championship. It is now time to enter the next level: Matech Concepts is anticipating a new era in GT racing with the Ford GT1."

640 newton meters = 472 foot pounds

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
That 5.0L they're using is youre new 2014 Shelby GT500 motor. Just a little more civilized of course. Just a guess. :)

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Great stuff, Jimmy, thanks :thumbsup:

What grabs my attention is that Ford is competing in GT1 and LeMans this year, I really don't care too much about what the car looks like, it's a race car afterall, you and I know it doesn't have to be pretty as long as it wins. No one can deny the history of these Ford cars and if they can win LeMans again, that will be awesome, if they can win LeMans and the GT1 series, that will be epic and might even lead to another production run of the Ford GT with updates, like a TT 5.0 motor...

Now wouldn't that be cool :-D

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That would be WAY COOL!:beer:

Let's also keep in mind that there is the new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 that has superior cylinder heads, block, and cooling than the original 5.0 cammer.
You can bet that team will be working on that new 5.0 as soon as they can get there hands on some.

They may already be developing one right now.... quietly.

Expect more power soon.:rockon:

LOL @ Common w/ the fugly comment.:rollseyes:loser:

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
That would be WAY COOL!:beer:

Let's also keep in mind that there is the new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 that has superior cylinder heads, block, and cooling than the original 5.0 cammer.
You can bet that team will be working on that new 5.0 as soon as they can get there hands on some.

They may already be developing one right now.... quietly.

Expect more power soon.:rockon:

LOL @ Common w/ the fugly comment.:rollseyes:loser:

Fixed the date for ya' :beer:

The new 5.0 DOHC Mustang GT motor would really be something to see Matech tweak for GT1, good point you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread