Maverick vs 03 Lightning

74maverick

New bullet coming soon
Established Member
Yes like it says last weekend my Dad in the maverick ran a Lightning from a dead stop. OK here goes, Lightning was chiped and was pullied and the Maverick is an all motor 306 and is much lighter race was slick to slick, Well the race was from a dead stop both did good burn outs and they did it heads up, Well what can i say the Maverick launched like it always does hard and straight and the truck launced its heart out i mean it ****ing went, threw 1st gear my dad had 2 cars on him then at the end of 2nd gear it was about 5 cars and my dad shut down and the tuck came up gave us the thumbs up and left. My dad later that night talked to the guy at the local hang out spot. The truck was Mineral Grey very nice truck, said he runs 10lbs boost.

Mav's record this year 7-0:beer:

Still waiting for a run with the almighty Cobra:-D

Last edited:

Mach one

Established Member
nice run and be careful when you say you are waiting for an 03 cobra cuz after you race you might not want to race them anymore they are quick with the right driver

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Tell dad good kill, I remember those esp maverick grabber, worked at ford dealership at the time. Was his made in k.c. mo.? claycomo plant? Oh yea if I ever meet up with him we will see what the maverick can do. :rockon: ur dad sounds like me not too old nor too young, can still drive.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Reading your story sure makes me miss my first car. It was a 1974 Mercury Comet with a 302 under the hood. It was dark brown and sure got made fun of a lot, until the light turned green... I regret to this day trading it in for my second car.

Dan

74maverick

New bullet coming soon
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach one
nice run and be careful when you say you are waiting for an 03 cobra cuz after you race you might not want to race them anymore they are quick with the right driver

All out of fun, win or lose still wanna race one just to see.

Mach one

Established Member
i took a look at your web page and if that car runs 11 secs like u say then u will beat a stock one for sure but like i said be careful cuz some r modded and also watch out for the 5.0 u never know if they r stock or modded.

74maverick

New bullet coming soon
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach one
i took a look at your web page and if that car runs 11 secs like u say then u will beat a stock one for sure but like i said be careful cuz some r modded and also watch out for the 5.0 u never know if they r stock or modded.

11's Maybe faster maybe slower;-) I will never tell the real et:-D And i have only seen 1 cobra here in Michigan and it was a 60 year old driver and i was at 7-11, as for the 5.0's go only time will tell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread