max boost on stock engine.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's too many variables involved to make a blanket statement about what is safe. However, if it were my truck I wouldn't go over 14psi on an Eaton.

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
its all in the tune, some say 450hp is the limits but others have pushed it past that. The eaton can only be efficent so far, 16 is spinning that thing pretty fast, but like i said its all in the tune

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
dont forget that the 99/00 had the 80mm MAF so if you plan on getting close to that you better upgrade your MAF at the same time

chris1badL

Established Member
its all in the tune, some say 450hp is the limits but others have pushed it past that. The eaton can only be efficent so far, 16 is spinning that thing pretty fast, but like i said its all in the tune

+1. Probably overspin the eaton before you maxed the motor. 450 should be the max. I was running a 2.76 upper with a 6lb lower on a steg port. It made 430rwhp but the eaton was starting to become a heat pump. Also, wouldnt run under 40 degrees with it making that much power.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
450rwhp is definetly a good number to go by... as for boost. I got nearly 16psi on my Eaton after the port and all my bolt-ons.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
450 is very safe. I made over 500 on the stock motor and never had any trouble. With a stock unported Eaton I wouldn't go over 14psi though. They run out of steam and become very inefficient beyond that.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Proper tuning is paramount no matter how much boost is ran over stock. The FAQ page contains a great deal of information if you haven't taken a look at it yet. :beer:

georges93lx

Established Member
Let us know what you're planning.

The plan is complete but the tuning for engine is the issue. I put a '99L engine with a T56 in a '93 Crown Victoria. I have the OBD1 computer and my SCT guy is trying to get the A/F ratio smoothed out. I just want to get the max out of the engine while we're trying to tune it but not destroy it. I've added the 90mm MAF, FRPP shorty headers, 6lb. lower pulley and removed the EGR system. I have a set of COMP 270AH cams for it but they will have to wait.

impalaslayer

Marauder driver
Established Member
jesus George. i hope you can bring that thing to carlisle. what the hell are you going to do for a hood?

Just Headers

Established Member
LMAO!!! Looks sick ass hell...Did you see that mustang that muscle mustangs and fast fords built with an L engine is for sell on ebay, looks just as crazy as that. Sweet build.

Users who are viewing this thread