Max RWHP 12 vs 13's......

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Ive been thinking aboout this for a while. Since the new 5.8L still has the basic same strength rod as the 5.4L. (almost identical rod) Are the 13's limited to the same max RWHP and TQ as the 5.4L????

The pistons are stornger and more heavy in the 5.8L but wasnt the rod the weak link to begin with? If so, than the 5.4L can hang right with the 5.8L before you would have to got into the motor on both..............

See what im saying? :) The 5.8L cant take anymore rwhp than the 5.4L before lower engine mods are needed in both.

Maybe im wrong because there might be other things in the equation but its something to think about.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
Most of the blown motors were piston related, mine included. No sense in asking about the 5.8 yet, the answer you will get will be speculative.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The bigger 5.8 should make a few more ponies. On the flip side not many 13 owner are going to upgrade their blowers so there will be many more Whipple/KB street kings rolling around in the older models. From the posts I've read not many are going to upgrade anything power wise because everyone is so excited about the factory power with warranty, rightfully so.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
If im wrong about the rods being the weak link and its actually the pistons then damn, my post is useless. LOL

What the hell, it will be interesting to see what people think.

bull3441

Established Member

Black Sex

Established Member
So if most blowen motors are piston failure, would it be safe to say it's tune related like a lean condition?

Users who are viewing this thread