Max rwhp with VMP gen2

36382mm

Established Member
On a built short block with stock heads and cams what is the ballpark rwhp for the vmp gen2 while not overspinning it too much. Fuel mods are assumed.

slowbra1

Established Member
"....."

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock or ported Gen 2? What fuel?
I'd expect at least 825rwhp if you run good gas and 20psi with supporting mods.
Another '13-14 guy made 875rwhp stock long block on a ported Trinity on E85 but it was a strange Dyno brand.
I'll be running a welded/ported Trinity, which should be equal to a stock Gen 2, and max boost (2.4/15%) on a cammed 5.8, I expect 850rwhp on E85.
-J

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
VMP 2 built 5.8, 2.4/10% overdrive pulleys, cams and bolts-on with e85.
Short pull to just under 6K.

dynorunShare.png

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Very nice! :beer:
What cams? compression?
Why stopping under 6k w/ cams?
-J
MMR Stage 3 cams, 9.5 C/R. Car had just been put back together and just needed to check fueling. Just haven't been back to the dyno. I think it would be close to 870 at 6800 rpm

red gt500

Established Member
a buddy of mine did 770 rwhp unported gen2 and 100% stock engine
pulley combo 2.4/10% c16 fuel

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
Anybody else got some high HP numbers from a Gen 2? I'd like to see a dyno sheet from the BPS car, but I don't think they've posted one. I bought my car with a 4.5L Whipple on it, but I'm seriously considering buying a VMP to gain some more mid range torque on the street since that's where I drive my car 99% of the time. My car makes 897 RWHP and 752RWTQ on pump gas at 19 PSI, 1200+ on race gas and high boost. I'm guessing I could gain at least 75-100 RWTQ with the VMP and maybe lose 25-50 RWHP at the top of the rev range on pump gas. Maybe crack 1000 RWHP spinning the TVS as hard as possible with lots of timing on E85.

BilletProShop

Established Member
Anybody else got some high HP numbers from a Gen 2? I'd like to see a dyno sheet from the BPS car, but I don't think they've posted one. I bought my car with a 4.5L Whipple on it, but I'm seriously considering buying a VMP to gain some more mid range torque on the street since that's where I drive my car 99% of the time. My car makes 897 RWHP and 752RWTQ on pump gas at 19 PSI, 1200+ on race gas and high boost. I'm guessing I could gain at least 75-100 RWTQ with the VMP and maybe lose 25-50 RWHP at the top of the rev range on pump gas. Maybe crack 1000 RWHP spinning the TVS as hard as possible with lots of timing on E85.

no dyno sheet to show and to be honest , i haven`t been on the dyno in over a year, we datalog every test run and this is all i need
we can easily convert maf counts into hp to keep track of the progress
you will gain low and mid range but also loose on top as you guessed
should you do it? it's up to you
how much hp we make you can ask, my answer to you is enough to go 8.7's with a soft tune while blowing the tires in 3rd gear and having traction issues most of the run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRx2JmyUPus

Last edited:

stangman701

Rowing gears
Established Member
no dyno sheet to show and to be honest , i haven`t been on the dyno in over a year, we datalog every test run and this is all i need
we can easily convert maf counts into hp to keep track of the progress
you will gain low and mid range but also loose on top as you guessed
should you do it? it's up to you
how much hp we make you can ask, my answer to you is enough to go 8.7's with a soft tune while blowing the tires in 3rd gear and having traction issues most of the run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRx2JmyUPus

Thanks for the reply! Love your car and I follow you guys on FB. I assume you guys are running a 20%(or larger) lower. What mods need to be done to use something larger than a 15%?

BilletProShop

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! Love your car and I follow you guys on FB. I assume you guys are running a 20%(or larger) lower. What mods need to be done to use something larger than a 15%?

thanks!!!
we do run the 20% and it requires basically the same modding as the 15% does ... just a bit more clearance that`s all
no gains on boost though , just comes in a bit earlier

genesmob

Established Member
BPS. I have some of your parts on my car. U make nice stuff! I am currently running a gen2 tvs 10 pct 2.5 and making 740saewhp through a 4l80e on the stock longblock. I just bought a new built long block at 10 to 1 compression and cams. I am going with an ati 15pct balancer. Do you have any problems overspeeding the tvs? Not sure what rpm you run at but I plan to spin mine near 7000. That puts my blower speed well over 22000

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
BPS. I have some of your parts on my car. U make nice stuff! I am currently running a gen2 tvs 10 pct 2.5 and making 740saewhp through a 4l80e on the stock longblock. I just bought a new built long block at 10 to 1 compression and cams. I am going with an ati 15pct balancer. Do you have any problems overspeeding the tvs? Not sure what rpm you run at but I plan to spin mine near 7000.

thanks!!
i appreciate the nice comments, as for overspinning the tvs , if someone has done it , it has to be us.... we have spun that motor to 8000rpm with a 20% lower and 2.396 upper in the past during intensive testing, no big issues but blower is maxed out at a much lower rpm.....we have since replace the upper pulley for a larger one to reduce blower speed and shift the car at 7200rpm , going thru the traps around 75-7600rpm....seems to work pretty good :)

Users who are viewing this thread