Max Speed Ticket Help?

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
I got clocked at 81 in a 55. by time the officer had gotten behind me i was doing about 50 because i do obey the work zone laws, which i was entering a 45 zone. The officer told me basically he had to write it and would help me in court, and told me to fght it. my question is, when i asked him whats the point value, he said 5 points. How much cant this be taken down in court? The cop was a really nice guy and i know i was wrong. I talked to a detective buddy and he told me that basically, he had to put the offense on the ticket due to a new grant they just got.

this was in Chester county pennsylvania...

so again. for a 5 point ticket, how much can this officer help me?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I got clocked at 81 in a 55. by time the officer had gotten behind me i was doing about 50 because i do obey the work zone laws, which i was entering a 45 zone. The officer told me basically he had to write it and would help me in court, and told me to fght it. my question is, when i asked him whats the point value, he said 5 points. How much cant this be taken down in court? The cop was a really nice guy and i know i was wrong. I talked to a detective buddy and he told me that basically, he had to put the offense on the ticket due to a new grant they just got.

this was in Chester county pennsylvania...

so again. for a 5 point ticket, how much can this officer help me?

What did your detective buddy tell you? I am sure he would know.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Yes and no, it depends if it was written as a reckless ticket or not, and what the laws of your state are. in VA anything 20+ over the posted and reckless counts as 5 points, but u can have a 20+ non-reckless and it will count as 3 points.

It also depends on what the judge decides to give you. Hell he may drop it to faulty equipment which is no points at all, just a fine. Well in VA anyway

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He and the officer said he can lower the speed but didn't mention points. Does the speed directly follow points?

Yes, when it is a speeding ticket. A careless ticket carries the same amount of points regardless of speed.

Users who are viewing this thread