Max Stock block specs

95-GrandAmGT

Established Member
I am having my friend tell me that no stock 03+ cobra motor can handle more then 700 horsepower, and thats its not forged from the factory. Can anyone here let me know what the max amount of power a stock block will produce before it goes bye bye? Thanks

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
It's all forged internals and will handle more than most street freaks will throw at it.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
The only weak link to be concerned about is getting a awesome tune and the temp problems in cyl 7 and 8.

TRBO VNM

sorry to be a prick, but tell your friend he is an idiot and to do his research before he starts talking crap. Nothing pisses me off more than people who think they know what they are talking about and go on and on about something without finding out the facts first.

95-GrandAmGT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Redfiresnk
sorry to be a prick, but tell your friend he is an idiot and to do his research before he starts talking crap. Nothing pisses me off more than people who think they know what they are talking about and go on and on about something without finding out the facts first.

I agree 100% with you. I knew these blocks can handle approx 1000 HP, but he didnt believe me so thats why I posted here for proof. Even tho I dont post much, I still am always reading the forums. I am a huge ford fan, and with my dad being a 33 yr ford employee, and living approx 25 minutes from Dearborn, it makes me want to get a cobra more and more every day. But I am settling down with my Grand Am to buy a house first.

Here is a few quotes from what my friend said:

"the Mach1/Cobra is in every redneck, white collar, ghetto, and highclass driveway in America"

"sure I can say that, but I can also say "dime-a-dozen" "you get what you pay for." and "poorer quality" all in the same sentence. Any others you want me to say?"

"You want a Cobra Kenne Bell eater? Buy yerself a 350Z toss in the Greddy TT with the money you saved and some tuning to even it out and there you go."

"yer gonna net 800 RWHP on a Cobra? I somehow don't see that happening for some reason... ESPECIALLY on a stock motor. Godly Ford and all this thing would become a can of fireworks with that much blowing through it."

Users who are viewing this thread