MAX Timing w/91 OCTANE?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
what would you guys say a safe max timing should be with 91 octane and the mods in my sig? what are most using with 93? how much should it vary?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
i used to run 23 with 92 back in alaska...

I run 24 with 93 here in FL all the time, no issues.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
k my tuner put the max timing to 20, should i have him definently raise it to 21? how much hp/tq you guys think 1 degree of timing is worth? hes a real nice guy with customer service so having him change it to 21 is not a problem at all, and if it's worth it power-wise. thanks for the help you 3, keep it comin.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Well every Cobra is different, so he is probably just playing it safe. Give the tune a try and see what happens. Listen for detonation and if you dont hear any you could probably bump it. You don't have to have the tuner fix it for you, just adjust the timing curve on the Predator yourself. 20 degrees is still a decent amount of timing, though nothing rediculously high. I don't think 1 degree of timing will make a huge difference really. If you have access to race gas or plan on running an alcohol injection kit then that is when you can really bump up the timing and have some fun!

Have you tried out the tune yet?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm sure if you bump up the timing 1 degree it would mess up the air/fuel tho wouldn't it?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
wait i just read another thread and i'm confused, if you give it more timing your going to get more power right?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
wait i just read another thread and i'm confused, if you give it more timing your going to get more power right?
correct....along with the higher octane fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread