Max WOT timing for 91 octane?

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Well for 93, 23-24 seems to be the most people are running, and that's aggressive. So maybe 20?

maddrabitt

Established Member
Nice, dont let Daves smack talking make you nervous. Shawns always cool with me, even when I bother him with stupid questions.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
Ive got 21.5 in the tune Shawn gave me. No problems for the last year and a half. 91 octane.
I'm going to tell Shawn to set MAX timing at 20*. I want my A/F ratio to be 11.8 from about 3K to redline. :thumbsup:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
bender460 said:
Could you explain please.
I say elevation plays a factor because of uncorrected numbers. When I was making 508 hp corrected here, it was only 405 uncorrected, so I could take more liberties with the timing because I was actually making alot less actual HP. Is that confusing or does it make sense?? lol

bender460

Established Member
Kinda confused. I have read that the octane rating of fuel increases as elevation increases?? I can only get 91 here in MT but I'm near or above 5500' DA at the track. So you think I can run 23*-24* timing?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
damn man, too bad your appt is at 10 on monday. If it were a little later Id cruise up to watch
I actually wish it was right when suprior opens(8:30), but I know Shawn loves his sleep. :lol: I'm hoping it won't be blazing hot at 10 AM.

maddrabitt

Established Member
I hear you on that one. When Shawn tuned my car last year it was blazing hot in the middle of the day. Contrary to what some will tell you, he was actually there waiting for me when I pulled up.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
I hear you on that one. When Shawn tuned my car last year it was blazing hot in the middle of the day. Contrary to what some will tell you, he was actually there waiting for me when I pulled up.
What were you mods and numbers when he tuned your car?

maddrabitt

Established Member
2.8, catback, x pipe, pos densecharger. came out about 450rwhp/460rwtq in the blazin hot. said i would pick up a little more when I got rid of the densecharger. not the strongest, but plenty good enough. Never had a chance to go back once I swapped CAI and on a cooler day.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
2.8, catback, x pipe, pos densecharger. came out about 450rwhp/460rwtq in the blazin hot. said i would pick up a little more when I got rid of the densecharger. not the strongest, but plenty good enough. Never had a chance to go back once I swapped CAI and on a cooler day.
Yep, heat has a big affect on numbers. Also, the densecharger is a POS. ;-) Anyhow, what did he set your A/F ratio at? I'm thinking 11.8 to redline. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread