Maximum Motorsports FLSFC'S Seat Brackets

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Has anyone ordered MM FLSFC'S from American Muscle or CJ Pony Parts? My question is with the seat brackets. It is my understanding the older set up from MM had the plate steel and small gusset pieces that you "Built" the bracket yourself while the newer set up is already built you just need to weld the seat bracket to the SFC's.

American Muscle shows the photo where you would have to build the brackets and a phone call to them said they would check the warehouse and call me back.
Maximum Motorsports Mustang Full Length Subframe Connectors (79-04) - Bare Steel MMFL-5B

CJ Pony Parts shows the same product with the brackets that need to be built. I called them and they said they photograph their own products and that MM welds theirs together on their website to show you what the product looks like when finished.
MMFL-5B-FULL Mustang Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub Frame Connectors 1979-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

MM website shows the bracket as one piece and specifically addresses the concern with, "One-piece reinforcements for the seat mounts simplify installation".
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors, 1979-04, bare [MMFL-5B] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Has anyone ordered these recently from AM or CJ and what did you receive seat bracket wise? A friend is welding these on in his spare time(weekend) and I want to make it as easy for him as possible. Plus the "build your own seat brackets" look like a Lego fest. I don't mind ordering directly from MM for a few extra bucks to help cut down on install time.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread