Maximum Motorsports k-member track width

WDW MKR

Established Member
Any easy way to accomodate for the increased track width of the Maximum Motorsports k-member? I wasn't sure how noticeable it would be. Now that the car is back on the ground, I'm not happy. Searching didn't produce much, except for one thread where the increased width was listed at 1/4" per side.

I really, really don't want to change wheels. Thinner brake rotor hubs? Shave some meet off the wheel hub?

WDW MKR

Established Member
It looks horrible on my car. The offset of my wheels already had the tire edge almost in line with the fender lip. It now noticeably sticks out and looks like a bought a set of wheels from a different car and slapped them on. Weighing the obvious options of Fox body a-arms (potentially too much change at 1"), '94-95 spindles (potentially not enough change at 8-10mm), or different wheels (expensive).

moonltgold

It looks horrible on my car. The offset of my wheels already had the tire edge almost in line with the fender lip. It now noticeably sticks out and looks like a bought a set of wheels from a different car and slapped them on. Weighing the obvious options of Fox body a-arms (potentially too much change at 1"), '94-95 spindles (potentially not enough change at 8-10mm), or different wheels (expensive).

If you really hate the look, your best option is to go 265 tires or even 255 on the fronts. They will bring it back in. You get about 1/3" less width for each downsize.

WDW MKR

Established Member
The car is already running 255 on the front. I made some additional alignment changes and brought the coilovers down, which helped. It's no longer hideous, but still annoys me.

I'm currently shopping wheels and considering the hub swap. Might have a set of rare (discontinued) and nearly new WedsSport SA-70 wheels with KDW-2 tires up for sale...

Taz

Established Member
The car is already running 255 on the front. I made some additional alignment changes and brought the coilovers down, which helped. It's no longer hideous, but still annoys me.

I'm currently shopping wheels and considering the hub swap. Might have a set of rare (discontinued) and nearly new WedsSport SA-70 wheels with KDW-2 tires up for sale...

Your SA-70's are most of your problem to begin with. They're an 18mm offset wheel, which pushes them way out compared to the OEM wheels, which are 26mm offset.

WDW MKR

Established Member
You're absolutely right. With the stock k-member, for which they were ordered, fitment was no issue. I'm currently looking to swap to a different WedsSport wheel with more positive offset.

Users who are viewing this thread