Maximum Motorsports K-Member

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was told they were only going to offer this in YELLOW so I bought the UPR. nice setup and I am sure its going to be a lot of fun!

Who told you that? Quite a bit of difference in the two K-members beyond colors.

Their display pieces are always yellow, but no the production pieces.

Exactly. From Maximum's site...

Maximum Motorsports said:
Yellow (insert part here) are only for viewing details, all of our suspension products are produced in a durable textured black powder coating.

...hurry up and finish with those rear control arm relocation brackets! Croutcher told me they were to weeks away two months ago . I need my rear roll center in place!:beer:

I'll ask next time I communicate with Chuck.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Much appreciated Travis. They are a great bunch to work with.

Now if I can just convince them to do a tubular subframe that would allow the '15+ IRS hardware to be bolted into the S197 chassis....

Elwood617

Established Member
Much appreciated Travis. They are a great bunch to work with.

Now if I can just convince them to do a tubular subframe that would allow the '15+ IRS hardware to be bolted into the S197 chassis....
Do you know if the stock shock perch will be used on their SLA suspension? Coil-overs are my next buy and I was wondering if I'd have to get a new set of dampers for the front when they produce their SLA front end.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
About time MM does something.. And I sure hope they come out with a SLA.. They need to get with the program imo.. A47 and Griggs have had a SLA out for years now.. I always wondered why MM never did it..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Do you know if the stock shock perch will be used on their SLA suspension? Coil-overs are my next buy and I was wondering if I'd have to get a new set of dampers for the front when they produce their SLA front end.

More than likely yes.. They are shorter than the stock dampers used on your setup..

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member

I'd hold off if at all possible. I seriously doubt it will be a direct damper swap. I may be wrong, that's just my opinion.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
If the timeline for the k member release is any indication, I wouldn't expect to see the SLA setup come out for another year at least. Probably longer.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Regardless of whether their design allows use of the factory strut tower I highly suspect that any damper you buy now would not work with an SLA.

About time MM does something.. And I sure hope they come out with a SLA.. They need to get with the program imo.. A47 and Griggs have had a SLA out for years now.. I always wondered why MM never did it..

They are working on it. I know they've prototyped it as opposed to it just being a sketch in CAD.

If the timeline for the k member release is any indication, I wouldn't expect to see the SLA setup come out for another year at least. Probably longer.

Well, the first step is to get S197 K-member production up and running and that milestone should be reached very soon. Maximum is committed to designing parts for the S550 and I just hope that doesn't redirect too much attention away from our beloved overweight, solid axle, caveman carrying, behemoths.

dannydr44

Established Member
I bought the MM K-member back in June and l absolutely love it. I had the BMR K-member along with their lower control arms, full sub-frame connectors and full rear BMR suspension. However...living in northern New Jersey with some of the worst roads in the country...the drivability became too harsh (sorry Kelly). I liked the fact that the steering and suspension felt tighter up from with the BMR K-member but even driving long distances with vibrations and feeling every bump on the road became too much. Of course a big portion of that, had to do with the full sub-frame connectors but the BMR K-member was a factor as well. The MM K-member is night and day and uses the stock motor mounts. I’m not knocking BMR and like Kelly said both K-members have their purposes...just my two cents.

IMG_9710.jpg

I ended up keeping the BMR front brace and fabed up some spacers. :rolling:

Bgoins

Established Member
I bought the MM K-member back in June and l absolutely love it. I had the BMR K-member along with their lower control arms, full sub-frame connectors and full rear BMR suspension. However...living in northern New Jersey with some of the worst roads in the country...the drivability became too harsh (sorry Kelly). I liked the fact that the steering and suspension felt tighter up from with the BMR K-member but even driving long distances with vibrations and feeling every bump on the road became too much. Of course a big portion of that, had to do with the full sub-frame connectors but the BMR K-member was a factor as well. The MM K-member is night and day and uses the stock motor mounts. I’m not knocking BMR and like Kelly said both K-members have their purposes...just my two cents:

Do you feel the subframe connectors were worth it?

dannydr44

Established Member
Depends on what you’re looking to do and what your overall goals are. They completely eliminate wheel hop, made the chassis feel much more rigid and give me more confidence, in turning hard into some questionable, high speed turns. Overall, they’re a solid product. But just like any other mod you do, there’s trade offs. You feel every bump in the road and overall vibration(s) in the cabin are worst. For me personally, it was too much. Especially, long distance driving. But hey, to each is their own.

dannydr44

Established Member
Do you feel the subframe connectors were worth it?

Well..I messed up that reply...anyway:

Depends on what you’re looking to do and what your overall goals are. They completely eliminate wheel hop, made the chassis feel much more rigid and give me more confidence, in turning hard into some questionable, high speed turns. Overall, they’re a solid product. But just like any other mod you do, there’s trade offs. You feel every bump in the road and overall vibration(s) in the cabin are worst. For me personally, it was too much. Especially, long distance driving. But hey, to each is their own.

Bgoins

Established Member
Well..I messed up that reply...anyway:

Thanks for the reply man! Good to hear some real world experience. My suspension is completely stock BBP and the only racing I do is hit the drag strip a couple times per year. I figured before I do any major suspension or power mods beefing up the chassis would be a wise move.

dannydr44

Established Member
Thanks for the reply man! Good to hear some real world experience. My suspension is completely stock BBP and the only racing I do is hit the drag strip a couple times per year. I figured before I do any major suspension or power mods beefing up the chassis would be a wise move.

I would go with BMR suspension, not that I'm knocking any other company but I like their products. By the way. you'll be fine with a poly bushings set-up, since your only hitting the track a few times a year. When I removed the full sub-frame connectors, I ended up purchasing and welding in a set of Steeda three point braces for the rear lower control arm mounts. Those three point braces are plenty for what I'm looking to do.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
the only reason i have the UPR k member and not this one is they were NOT selling them when i did my exhaust.i could only look at pics and read coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread