Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar

Stater212

Established Member
I have a brand new Panhard bar that came with my car that the guy never installed. My question is do I need it. I do have an SRA and from what I read a lot of guys install them for open track type racing, not something I'll ever do. I will be doing more straight line than curvy curves. I know the bar's purpose is to keep the axle aligned but why would that be necessary with upper and lower control arms?

railroad

Established Member
I think the end bushing are firmer or solid compared to the stock stuff. The aftermarket bars are probably stiffer and have less deflection. When you first change them out, you can tell the car feels more stable or connected. You will get used to that and accept it as standard. If your bar has poly bushing, be sure to lube them liberally with syn grease. They can make a little noise if not lubed. If you happen to get squirrelly on the drag strip, you might appreciate the improved control.

01yellercobra

Established Member
When you install a PHB you usually get rid of the upper arms and run a torque arm. The torque arm plants the tires much better than the stock 4 link. Also getting rid of the uppers gets rid of the binding so the rear moves more freely. I've known some guys that run a "poor man's three link". They add the PHB and remove one of the uppers. The remaining upper controls axle rotation and the PHB controls side to side movement.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've kinda wanted to pick one of these up. My SRA sticks out a little farther on the passenger side and it drives me nuts. I heard that this would fix my problem.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Like Slo984now said you can get LCA's and the torque arm and then do away with uppers. I love my 3 link and would never go back to 4! Your also gonna need full length subframe connectors to install the TA and Springs .

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've kinda wanted to pick one of these up. My SRA sticks out a little farther on the passenger side and it drives me nuts. I heard that this would fix my problem.
If it's adjustable it can. If it sticks out a lot I'd make sure nothing is bent though.

Users who are viewing this thread