Maximum Motorsports Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I decided to update my rear LCA relocation brackets. I had the original BMR bolt-on two hole design installed and they performed flawlessly on the street over the years. After seeing MM’s new product design, I figured I give them a shot to add a little “bling” to the rear end. The link below has better pictures than I could take of the product, but what you see in the pictures is exactly what you get… high quality pieces.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Relocation-Brackets-for-RLCA-2005-2014-P1479.aspx

This is a really simple install. Since I was familiar with the procedures from doing this before, I was able to skip a few unnecessary steps in the preparation sections of the instructions. The rear sway bar does not need to be removed from the axle ends, and I did not have to remove the e-brake cable due to my configuration.

The left side bracket is an engineering marvel, perfect fitment… it will not move under load. My only complaint here is that the M14-2.0 x 100mm panhard bar bolt that came in the kit is a little too short for the nylon lock on the flag nut to engage the bolt threads. It could easily be another ½” longer to make sure there are two or three threads on the other side of the nut for proper grip strength. I will be contacting MM about this tomorrow. Also, you cannot use a BMR panhard bar relocation bracket on the driver’s side with hardware included in MM kit, again the 100mm bolt is waaayyy too short. The bolt included with the BMR panhard bar relocation bracket is too short also. I removed the bracket all together and still have 3/8” clearance between the panhard bar and Ford Racing axle girdle cover, so I’ll call it good for now.

MM left side.jpg

Inside left fitment.jpg

Outside left fitment.jpg

Rear left fitment.jpg

Left side sway bar clearance.jpg

The right side is a different story. I believe that my axle LCA mount is twisted from torque over the years due to hard street driving and track events. I struggled to get the bracket holes to align with the mount, and you can see in the pictures that the fitment is not as good as the driver’s side on my car. It will be interesting to see if this bracket moves when it experiences a hard drag strip launch.

There was one unexpected change that caught me off guard, and I only discovered it because I am very meticulous. Nothing in the instructions state to check the pinion angle, but you should anyway. My pinion angle changed by 0.6 degrees from my old configuration. With my BMR adjustable UCA, I was able to dial it back to -2.0* for my full poly bushing rear setup.

I have not had an opportunity to test drive it yet, and I will acknowledge that I think the difference will be negligible. Using the center hole on the MM bracket, I now have slightly less antisquat than I had with the BMRs in the lower of the two holes. They do look better next to my new rear swaybar hardware though :)

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I'm curious why they went to a design with two small bolts where the factory lca bolt would go opposed to BMR's set that has a single bolt going all the way across, with that "blanket" thing on it. That would seem like a stronger design.

I didn't read through all of it...are these 100% (no relo bracket probably is) bolt in or do they need to be welded as well?

DaFreak- Corrects rear suspension geometry basically. If your car is lowered, it makes the LCA have a proper angle relative to the body. You want the axle side of the control arm to be lower than the body side...how much lower is up to you and your driving style, i.e. road course vs drag vs street.

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Sexy! What are the benefits (and downsides) of running relo brackets?

If your rear suspension is lowered or if you drag race your car, in most cases you would want to install LCA relocation brackets to correct suspension geometry and plant the rear tire better. How much antisquat you dial in depends on how and where you drive your car, ie. street, strip, track settings are different. There really are no downsides to installing these brackets, other than get a good set that won't flex or move under load.

I didn't read through all of it...are these 100% (no relo bracket probably is) bolt in or do they need to be welded as well?

100% bolt on, no welding required. If they do move, I'll weld them in after cleaning up my axle assembly.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
nice write up Steve! what is the plan for the BMR set? i know of a car similar to your's that could benefit from them.......

I had you in mind brother... relo brackets and a nice carbon fiber intake if it will work with your current CAI. Text me later.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Update: I contacted MM about the driver’s side panhard bar bolt that I felt was too short. I provided a brief description of my concern and picture of the bolt in question, and Jack with tech support contacted me shortly thereafter. He assessed the situation and felt that the bolt threads were fully engaging the metal threads on the flag nut and that the proper joint friction was achieved through torqueing of the bolt to 129 lbft. We agreed that the nylock portion of the nut (an OEM safeguard) was not engaging the bolt and would not offer protection from the bolt spinning off the nut “if” the bolt worked itself loose. At this point, I requested a longer bolt that would allow 2-3 bolt threads to protrude beyond the nylock section of the nut. Jack did some research and discovered that the driver’s side bracket bolt tube was lengthened after the initial run of brackets to keep the weld bead away from the end of the tube, which used up the extra threads on the original 100mm bolt. They upgraded the bolt to a M14-2.0 x 120mm and flat washer to accommodate the longer tube length and shipped one out to me in three days at no charge. Fitment is perfect and full confidence in my suspension hardware is restored. I appreciate all the tech Jack offered on suspension hardware and feel that he went above and beyond to resolve my issue and put my mind at ease. As with many of the vendors here on SVTP, those who offer quality products and stand behind them will get my business and keep me as a repeat customer. Awesome job with this product MM!

Before with 100mm bolt installed

100mm bolt.jpg

After with 120mm bolt installed

120mm bolt.jpg

Bolt length comparison

bolt length comparison.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Jack is a living, breathing, human automotive encyclopedia. Whenever I've needed a detailed technical answer, Jack (or Maximum CEO, Chuck) has given me a simple and easy to understand explanation. They serve the Mustang community very well.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I have put over 500 miles on my car since installing these brackets and still very pleased with their performance. On the street, 2nd gear hooks hard on a good road with just a hint of tire squeal with MPSS 295/35R19 tires.

Made three passes down the strip yesterday with two hard launches and one off idle. No bracket movement or unusual noises from the rearend. My suspension combo works well at my power level with Nitto NT05R 285/40R18s @ 18psi on stock wheels, no wheel spin 1st-4th.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They are awesome and helped my out in Vegas at the show last year when I had some questions about my rear suspension. Love their stuff.

DoubleD

I decided to update my rear LCA relocation brackets. I had the original BMR bolt-on two hole design installed and they performed flawlessly on the street over the years. After seeing MM’s new product design, I figured I give them a shot to add a little “bling” to the rear end. The link below has better pictures than I could take of the product, but what you see in the pictures is exactly what you get… high quality pieces.

Relocation Brackets for RLCA, 2005-2014

This is a really simple install. Since I was familiar with the procedures from doing this before, I was able to skip a few unnecessary steps in the preparation sections of the instructions. The rear sway bar does not need to be removed from the axle ends, and I did not have to remove the e-brake cable due to my configuration.

The left side bracket is an engineering marvel, perfect fitment… it will not move under load. My only complaint here is that the M14-2.0 x 100mm panhard bar bolt that came in the kit is a little too short for the nylon lock on the flag nut to engage the bolt threads. It could easily be another ½” longer to make sure there are two or three threads on the other side of the nut for proper grip strength. I will be contacting MM about this tomorrow. Also, you cannot use a BMR panhard bar relocation bracket on the driver’s side with hardware included in MM kit, again the 100mm bolt is waaayyy too short. The bolt included with the BMR panhard bar relocation bracket is too short also. I removed the bracket all together and still have 3/8” clearance between the panhard bar and Ford Racing axle girdle cover, so I’ll call it good for now.

View attachment 37665

View attachment 37666

View attachment 37667

View attachment 37668

View attachment 37669

The right side is a different story. I believe that my axle LCA mount is twisted from torque over the years due to hard street driving and track events. I struggled to get the bracket holes to align with the mount, and you can see in the pictures that the fitment is not as good as the driver’s side on my car. It will be interesting to see if this bracket moves when it experiences a hard drag strip launch.

There was one unexpected change that caught me off guard, and I only discovered it because I am very meticulous. Nothing in the instructions state to check the pinion angle, but you should anyway. My pinion angle changed by 0.6 degrees from my old configuration. With my BMR adjustable UCA, I was able to dial it back to -2.0* for my full poly bushing rear setup.

I have not had an opportunity to test drive it yet, and I will acknowledge that I think the difference will be negligible. Using the center hole on the MM bracket, I now have slightly less antisquat than I had with the BMRs in the lower of the two holes. They do look better next to my new rear swaybar hardware though :)

Relocation Brackets for RLCA, 2005-2014

View attachment 37665

View attachment 37666

View attachment 37667

View attachment 37668

View attachment 37669

DoubleD

SCGallo2,

Inquiring about one of your older posts. Are you still using the MM Relocation Brackets? Also are you using BMR non-adjustable LCAs with those brackets? Thanks for your time, sorry about the "new guy" misfire on the previous post.

Appreciatively, Double D

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you still using the MM Relocation Brackets? Also are you using BMR non-adjustable LCAs with those brackets?

Yes, MM relocation brackets are still installed and remain rock solid. No, I installed MM extreme duty LCAs for adjustability over a year ago. I switched my entire suspension system from street/strip over to performance street/road course with a little less anti-squat to keep the rear end planted in turns. I found that with the MM relo brackets and BMR non-adjustable LCAs installed, my axle assembly was slightly off centered in the wheel well, more forward by as much as ¼” with how my rear suspension is currently set up. Visually, it bothered me enough to go more aggressive with the MM extreme duty LCAs and provided full adjustability between my UCA and LCAs.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/winter-mod-review.1154805/#post-15822709

DoubleD

Yes, MM relocation brackets are still installed and remain rock solid. No, I installed MM extreme duty LCAs for adjustability over a year ago. I switched my entire suspension system from street/strip over to performance street/road course with a little less anti-squat to keep the rear end planted in turns. I found that with the MM relo brackets and BMR non-adjustable LCAs installed, my axle assembly was slightly off centered in the wheel well, more forward by as much as ¼” with how my rear suspension is currently set up. Visually, it bothered me enough to go more aggressive with the MM extreme duty LCAs and provided full adjustability between my UCA and LCAs.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/winter-mod-review.1154805/#post-15822709
Thanks for the quick response SCGallo2. I have been freeloading off of numerous (older) posts to gain a better appreciation for what has worked consistently well over several years of user data. Most of us freely talk about initial installation impressions but rarely the long term lessons learned. My error when recently installing Steeda Performance Lowering Springs/Koni Yellows on my 2012 Boss was discounting the .8 inch drop on the rear of the car. Had immediate buyers remorse as the performance was negligible to regressive on road courses.

However, I believe you and a few other folks have educated me sufficiently enough about Relo Brackets and Adjustable rear LCA s to correct my errors. My goal is similar to your own: Street Performance along with 4-5 HPDE Road Course events a year. Sincere thanks for sharing your progress towards a final MM solution.

Appreciatively, Double D

Users who are viewing this thread