Maximum Motorsports Road and Track kit

jaxbusa

Established Member
I want to share my experience. I have a 2001 Bullitt with 119,000 miles. About two months ago I was looking at something under my car and It dawned on me that I have never inspected my ball joints. I touched the boot on one and it just fell apart. It was obvious that the boot failed long ago. I began thinking about what I had to take apart to replace it and thought I will replace this and that. I then found myself looking at the Maximum Motorsports Road and Track kit. I ordered it without the K-member brace, subframe connectors and steering shaft. I added the heavy duty rear lower control arms and stainless brake lines. The kit came all at once and it was complete. The instructions were some of the best I've seen. My ball joints were worn and I am happy a replaced them when I did. I would like to add that my MAC cat-back with tailpipes fit with the pan hard bar without any modification. The car sits a little lower than it did with the Bullitt springs. It's not slammed by any means. In fact, it might not be low enough for most people. I wanted a handling spring, not a lowering spring. It feels like a different car. It's absolutely firm, but not too harsh.

Jeno Labanca

Established Member
Don't get the bolt ins make sure the one that has to be welded

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Kornilov

Established Member
I want to share my experience. I have a 2001 Bullitt with 119,000 miles. About two months ago I was looking at something under my car and It dawned on me that I have never inspected my ball joints. I touched the boot on one and it just fell apart. It was obvious that the boot failed long ago. I began thinking about what I had to take apart to replace it and thought I will replace this and that. I then found myself looking at the Maximum Motorsports Road and Track kit. I ordered it without the K-member brace, subframe connectors and steering shaft. I added the heavy duty rear lower control arms and stainless brake lines. The kit came all at once and it was complete. The instructions were some of the best I've seen. My ball joints were worn and I am happy a replaced them when I did. I would like to add that my MAC cat-back with tailpipes fit with the pan hard bar without any modification. The car sits a little lower than it did with the Bullitt springs. It's not slammed by any means. In fact, it might not be low enough for most people. I wanted a handling spring, not a lowering spring. It feels like a different car. It's absolutely firm, but not too harsh.

We have similar philosophies regarding springs. Did you get the MM 'street performance' springs in your package?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have almost all MM stuff under my car, including the bilstein coilovers, It is an amazing difference over stock. I cant recommend them enough

Users who are viewing this thread