Maximum Motorsports

MG01

Established Member
Well I am taking a bit of a plunge. Will report back on performance later as have just ordered a suite of MM products: full length subframes, front coil over conversion, IRS bushing kit.

Also, I am putting Bilsteins all the way around and H&R springs in the rear ( can't afford to get rear coil over just yet!)

I have a local shop guy that can do all of the alignment tuning after the coil over install so car is properly balanced.

Why can't we just buy the damn cars and drive'em! I guess its all the magazine articles on modding that have given me the bug.

More later

Cobra-R

Established Member
If you intend to get coilovers in the rear in the future, ask them to groove the rear shocks for you before they send them. It will save you alot of hastle down the road. I don't think they will even charge you for it.

Good luck, you made a good decision.

Brian

ps What rate springs did you go with front and rear?

MG01

Established Member
Thansk Cobra-R

My shop guy made the recommendation on getting Bilsteins grooved for potential future coil over conversion

I actually spoke to my shop guy today to just go over the spring rates - front and back to ensure I am getting proper balance. He will be speaking to MM tech as well to get their thoughts.

The MM tech guy I spoke to didn't seem to think it was a bad thing to go with 350lbs hypercoil rate in front and use H&R Race ( 770lbs) in rear. He was helpful in that he said I should not keep stock shocks in the back with the H&R springs which is why I got the Bilsteins for the back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread