Maximum Motrsports Suspension

svt2003

Established Member
Anybody using the coilover system w/o the K-member. I want the option to go to the K-member at a later date. Would like some input about the system. Quality, pricing, ETC.
SVT2003

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have everything for Suspension that MM has except the K-member on my car now. I am planning on going with the Griggs K-Member. There are a few other cars in here that are the same including Bingo and Ksonic. MM stuff is top notch and worth the price.

Bingo13

Established Member
I have everything from MM on my car except the k-member and race valved struts like toofast4u has installed. I added the four point k-member brace on Friday and have been impressed with the additional bracing it provides. I will be switching to the Griggs k-member later this year. Their quality and service are excellent.

KHsonic03

Established Member
I also have all MM stuff except the K-member. I love it and am thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish. The car handles incredibly. I will be going with the Griggs k-member later this year, mainly because it is lighter, does not require oil filter relocation, and provides more header clearance. I have some big brakes on order right now.:-D

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
I ordered my coilover system last week. Any of you guys installed the off-set lower control arms from Maximum Motorsport? What kind of spring rates? I went with 400 on the front and 600 on the rear. No K-member; too much $$.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Cobra Toy
I ordered my coilover system last week. Any of you guys installed the off-set lower control arms from Maximum Motorsport? What kind of spring rates? I went with 400 on the front and 600 on the rear. No K-member; too much $$.

I have the non-offset LCA with poly bushings and they are nice pieces. I am planning on going with the Griggs k-member and hope the MM fit the Griggs modified locations. I have 425/650 and changed my struts to MM race spec and shocks to Bilstein 00R spec.

KHsonic03

Established Member
400 front 650 rear with Bilstein sport shocks. Had the MM control arms (looked very nice), but sent them back because I had to cut the k-member. Bad choice? I am still debating. Hopefully, like toofast said, the MM arms fit the griggs k-member, because I would like to go with that combo. Non offset MM arms, of course.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
O sh*t I have offset control arms on the way.........What part of the stock K-member needs to be cut?? Why not offset LCA if they would fit??

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
O sh*t I have offset control arms on the way.........What part of the stock K-member needs to be cut?? Why not offset LCA if they would fit??

Yes you have to cut off ~1" wide strip from the location between the LCA mounts. It was pretty easy just took a sawza and some time. I can take some pictures, but don't have any right now. Here is the picture KHSonic's car with red lines where they need to be cut.

attachment.php

The Griggs K-member has over an 1" offset built into it and the addition of the MM arms which are .75" is more then I would want on a street car. If it was race only it would be great IMO.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Thanks for the pic toofast4u and all the info !!! Maybe I'll stay with the stock K-member save the $$$ .....

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
I have everything from MM on my car except the k-member and race valved struts like toofast4u has installed. I added the four point k-member brace on Friday and have been impressed with the additional bracing it provides. I will be switching to the Griggs k-member later this year. Their quality and service are excellent.

Bingo what exhaust are you running? I was going to do the 4-point brace, but MM didn't think it will clear my 3" QMP exhaust.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
Why does everyone seem to be avoiding MM's K-member? ...other than cost.

It requires your oil filter to be relocated. Griggs does not.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Bingo what exhaust are you running? I was going to do the 4-point brace, but MM didn't think it will clear my 3" QMP exhaust.

Ford FRPP shorty headers and FR500 catback (currently Magnaflow catback) this week along with the Magnaflow X with cats. Griggs said no issues with the 2.5" system. I am going for the stealth look and sound at cruising. Dyno differences are only about 2 rwhp between the systems. I get the stock look back along with the stock idle and cruise sounds which will not give away what's under the hood now. ;-)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
It requires your oil filter to be relocated. Griggs does not.

The main reasons are it requires an oil filter relocations kit, weights a lot more then the Griggs, and does not provide as much engine access as the Griggs. Griggs is actually more expensive then the MM by $116 not taking into account the oil relocation kit which is just over $200, so in the end the MM is around $84 more expensive.

bborder

Established Member
I too have the the MM coil overs w/ the stock K Member. Griggs K Member is in the future for the same reasons mentioned above. I kept the stock shocks/struts and went with 350lb front/550lb rear springs. I feel like the car is somewhat underdampened. I think I might switch to a stiffer valved shock. Can anyone comment on how the Bilstein sport shocks from MM compare to the valving on the stock 03 shocks??

f4sfed

Established Member
Aaahh. Okay, thanks guys.

New question: Why mix the MM control arms with the Griggs K-member? Why not just go with the Griggs control arms, and not worry about it?

Or better yet: just go with all Griggs stuff up front?

Cobra-R

Established Member

Are you serious, 600 lb rear springs?????

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by bborder
I too have the the MM coil overs w/ the stock K Member. Griggs K Member is in the future for the same reasons mentioned above. I kept the stock shocks/struts and went with 350lb front/550lb rear springs. I feel like the car is somewhat underdampened. I think I might switch to a stiffer valved shock. Can anyone comment on how the Bilstein sport shocks from MM compare to the valving on the stock 03 shocks??

Talk with MM, but when I was talking with them the 03 and sport shocks and struts had very similar valving and didn't recommend replacing the stock 03 with the sports. I went with the 00R shocks and they are great and much stronger then the sports according to MM.

Users who are viewing this thread