Maximun motorsports kit for sn95 vert

bcLVSn95

Established Member
So I'm looking at the maximun grip kit for my 95 cobra convertiable. Its a daily driver that I plan on autocrossing. Can anyone think of a better kit with coild overs, K-member, and 3-piont rear end conversion? The maximun motorsports kit is VERY pricy!

98' GT

Established Member
If I where you stay with MM. When installing sus. you want to stay with quality parts. Besides you can start a PHB and TA along with LC's . Maybe do your sway bars. You get more for your money. You can always save for CO's and K later.

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
The main problem I see with doing that is those mods will put you in an EXTREMELY fast autocross class that will have an awful steep learning curve. If I could do it all over again I would leave my stock springs in and just go with a set of Koni yellows and sticky tires so that I could have started off in F stock, then once I had gotten good there I could have went to E Street Prepared with MM springs, MM full length subs, and an MM panhard bar. If you go beyond those parts (such as a tubular k or torque arm rear) you get bumped into C Prepared which is filled with purpose built race cars that a daily driven car will never compete with.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
So I'm looking at the maximun grip kit for my 95 cobra convertiable. Its a daily driver that I plan on autocrossing. Can anyone think of a better kit with coild overs, K-member, and 3-piont rear end conversion? The maximun motorsports kit is VERY pricy!

It is pricey but the install and fit is perfect and the end result is amazing. I have had the Max Grip Box for a few years now and put about 15K miles on it and it has worked perfectly..... just a plug for the MM stuff.

bcLVSn95

Established Member
The main problem I see with doing that is those mods will put you in an EXTREMELY fast autocross class that will have an awful steep learning curve. If I could do it all over again I would leave my stock springs in and just go with a set of Koni yellows and sticky tires so that I could have started off in F stock, then once I had gotten good there I could have went to E Street Prepared with MM springs, MM full length subs, and an MM panhard bar. If you go beyond those parts (such as a tubular k or torque arm rear) you get bumped into C Prepared which is filled with purpose built race cars that a daily driven car will never compete with.

Ok, I guess I should elaborate. By autocross, I mean autobahn racing( I"m a soldier stationed in schweinfurt Germany) against European rice rockets! In the long straits I have no problems, but in the turns I'm getting killed!!

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
There is not much that would beat you in the turns with the MM Max Grip Box Kit.... it is a completely different car that would give anyting out there a run. You won't be dissapointed....

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Do the entire rear first before you start on the front, with the exception of stiffer front springs.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Do the entire rear first before you start on the front, with the exception of stiffer front springs.

You are correct the rear is the real weak point in these cars... if you can't do it as a kit I would start there as well.... but if you can do the entire car at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread