Maybe a really dumb wheel clearance question.

liedenfrost

Established Member
I got 10.5 replica wheels/tires mounted. The passenger side has maybe 1/8 - 1/4 inch clearance on the IRS bolt, but the driver side does not have much room at all. Maybe 1/16 of an inch.
So, they technically fit without rubbing. Will they rub if I tromp on it, or corner too hard? Should I get a 1/8 inch spacer, or just enjoy leave it alone and have fun?

Last edited:

gonz03term

Established Member
Get the mm irs low profile subframe bolts.. $20 and that will solve your issues.. I ran GY F-1's , and now nitto 555r's , and i have no problem at all. Good luck

pimpdout98gt

bigdog
Established Member
i got 10.5" replicas on nitto d/r 315/35-17 with 1/4" spacers and stock irs bolts. i got the low pro bolts but i was too lazy to put them on. mine clears no problems

liedenfrost

Established Member
I have the MM low profile bolts installed and the tires clear.....buts its really close. I ended up getting 1/8" spacers for peace of mind.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
...the driver side does not have much room at all. Maybe 1/16 of an inch.
So, they technically fit without rubbing. Will they rub ...
Hey guys, keep in mind that even if they don't rub when the tires are loaded with the vehicle weight, they get a lot closer to the bolt when unloaded, i.e. you go over a big dip in the road and the tires drop down on rebound. Try supporting the rear end on jackstands at the frame rails, let the tires hang at full extension. Then you'll know how close the tire can get to the bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread