Maybe they should call it Jiffy Screwed....

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Good find, but the reporter had an irritating voice. And it's very old new those places jerk you around.... just for a buck or a hundred.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I worked at Jiffy Lube for 2 and a half years. I was nice to have the key and just walk in a 3am because I felt like changing my oil for the third time this week. I was always told to SELL, SELL, SELL but my conscience just got the better of me most of the time. Unless you were an asshole, then I'd sell you everything EXCEPT what you needed. The people were nice but I think generalizing ALL Jiffy Lubes is unfair. EVERY, and I mean, EVERY mechanic known to man can do things cheaper than what they charge for. Sure there are shady people everywhere, but not every single Jiffy Lube is bad. Mine was one of the most honest ones I've heard of.

-Mike

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Motherf*#$%kin' owned, Thank goodness i do all my maintence maticulously..but yeah, not all those places are bad, its just hard to tell which ones are good.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
JerZeyStangz said:
Motherf*#$%kin' owned, Thank goodness i do all my maintence maticulously..but yeah, not all those places are bad, its just hard to tell which ones are good.
Yep....I will always be a believer of doing things on your own. You're not going to rip yourself off, right? Take some time and learn to do things yourself. Your wallet (and pride) will thank you.

-Mike

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
Yep....I will always be a believer of doing things on your own. You're not going to rip yourself off, right? Take some time and learn to do things yourself. Your wallet (and pride) will thank you.

-Mike

True. I still feel bad for all those people getting ripped... :(

ALWAYS stick around to make sure the work is done. :rolleyes:

Ecarlcl

Established Member
Wal-Mart Tire Lube Express does the same thing, used to work at a store that had one when I was in college and the TLE guys used to brag about it.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
I worked at Jiffy Lube for 2 and a half years. I was nice to have the key and just walk in a 3am because I felt like changing my oil for the third time this week. I was always told to SELL, SELL, SELL but my conscience just got the better of me most of the time. Unless you were an asshole, then I'd sell you everything EXCEPT what you needed. The people were nice but I think generalizing ALL Jiffy Lubes is unfair. EVERY, and I mean, EVERY mechanic known to man can do things cheaper than what they charge for. Sure there are shady people everywhere, but not every single Jiffy Lube is bad. Mine was one of the most honest ones I've heard of.

-Mike

Oh shit, I'm not the only one! I used to work for Expressway for 2 1/2 years as well. Depending on the management it would get bad sometimes, in 2 1/2 years I survived not only longer than anyone there but saw 3 managers, and 40 employees +. Those places have no loyalty and just want to upsell. They blew countless CVT transmission from recommending a flush at 30k and filling w/ ATF. I never liked upselling, and ticket be damned if they got on my case I wouldn't even talk to the people and just hand in the paperwork until they got someone else to do it.

BTW ANYONE NOTICE THAT A FUEL FILTER ON A ZJ GRAND CHEROKEE SHOULDN'T REQUIRE THE REMOVAL OF THE GAS TANK?

PLUS, since these aren't mechanics they wouldn't take the gas tank out anyway. They don't even have the proper tools/knowledge.

Last edited:

MYSTICHROME447

Established Member
Ive never trusted jiffy lubes and the like I have one mechanic locally that I trust with my car maintenance if its a job I dont have the tools for. But I dont take the cobra anywhere I do all the work.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
Oh shit, I'm not the only one! I used to work for Expressway for 2 1/2 years as well. Depending on the management it would get bad sometimes, in 2 1/2 years I survived not only longer than anyone there but saw 3 managers, and 40 employees +. Those places have no loyalty and just want to upsell. They blew countless CVT transmission from recommending a flush at 30k and filling w/ ATF. I never liked upselling, and ticket be damned if they got on my case I wouldn't even talk to the people and just hand in the paperwork until they got someone else to do it.

BTW ANYONE NOTICE THAT A FUEL FILTER ON A ZJ GRAND CHEROKEE SHOULDN'T REQUIRE THE REMOVAL OF THE GAS TANK?

PLUS, since these aren't mechanics they wouldn't take the gas tank out anyway. They don't even have the proper tools/knowledge.

Yeah, looked strange to me too.
Fuel filter's aren't right on top of the tank like that....
Not in any car I've owned or worked on atleast!

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Yeah, looked strange to me too.
Fuel filter's aren't right on top of the tank like that....
Not in any car I've owned or worked on atleast!

on that jeep the filter is part of the pump/regulator and is not servicable. he marked a 4 on the regulator.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
duno about jiffy screwd, but i know mr lube and all these other guys work on comission... so i think if the management dont have part in it... the employees sure as hell do...

Users who are viewing this thread