MBRP header install

calebdnehus

Established Member
Has anyone else installed the MBRP non-catted headers yet? I just had mine installed over the past two days and the passenger side headers is extremely close to the frame rail, I would say 1/8 inch or less away from touching it if not touching it by now since I've driven the car about 70 miles. Do you guys have any advice or tricks to pull it away from the frame rail? The guy I had help me with the install has a built terminator running over 800hp so I pretty just let him point me on what to do. He said that if they get up against the frame rail over the next few days that he could just take a punch and knock a small relief into the primary tube that's touching the frame rail. Is this the usual solution to this type problem? And has anyone seen this issue with other brand of headers?

Thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Denting the pipe is the typical way to gain more clearance, and you will not notice a performance difference. I'd call MBRP and get their opinion on it. It is possible that the jig needs to be tweeked, it happens.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Okay, thats almost exactly what I was told by the guy helping. I'll call MBRP as well to see what they say. Whats the jig? This is the first set of headers I've ever worked with

Shaun@AED

I've seen them hit when you go WOT as the engine torques over.

Kooks are the ones we see to clear everything nicely. Most of the other headers are just like this.

calebdnehus

Established Member
I stuck my hand up under the car in between the header and frame and there seems to be a tiny space (not big enough to fit even a finger in) between them and the frame. However when I hit a decent bump in the road, I think I'm hearing them hit the frame. I'm going back to my buddies shop next week and he's gonna retighten everything and we'll probably have to knock a relief in the tube hitting the frame

Users who are viewing this thread