MCA Ford National event here in Waldorf, MD

Mustang289

Established Member
This is crazy, not sure what was said to spark this vandalism. This is America with freedom of speech. We might not always agree with what someone or group says, but we need to respect the right of their freedom of speech. If someone has a real heartburn with what's being said, simply walk away.

65SC

Established Member
guess it started over this?

Gee, what is a Shelby GT500 KR???

"You'll get a kick out of this, and wonder what the Chairman of the MCA Grand Nationals in Waldorf, Maryland was smoking when he selected his Judges. I live in Waldorf, and to experience what I did and a fellow forum member, I was embarrassed to say I live in Waldorf and highly disappointed. Over 500 cars were registered for the show.

I was showing my 2008 Vista Blue 427 NASCAR Super Snake at the show when a forum member who owns a Silver KR (he drove all the way from Mechanicsville, PA) approached me and asked me if my car had been Judged. I said, not yet. He then told me that when the two Judges arrived they spent 90 seconds on his car; thats right, 90 seconds. And to make the insult even more severe, ` the two Judges asked him what a Shelby GT500 KR was? My jaw dropped. I almost packed my stuff and left. If the Judges didn't know what a KR is, then they surly didn't know what a Super Snake is. But I stayed. The same two Judges came to my car and spent two minutes on my car; I timed them. I asked them if they knew what a Super Snake was; they both nodded and said, "No." Now the KR owner spent all day Friday prepping his car up on jack stands in the 90 degree heat to detail the under carriage because of his drive from PA.

So here we have two of the most prestegious cars in the world, and the Judges didn't care and the Chairman allowed this to happen. The Chairman, a local guy, said they had been preparing for the event for two years. So for two years the Judges for the modern Shebly KR and Super Snake sat on their butts and did nothing to learn about these rare cars. They surly knew our cars were entered for showing. I had entered my car alomost over a year ago.

I hope the KR owner on this forum took home a plaque to help make the unpleasant experience more pallitable.

The local guy who was the Chairman, took home a Gold plaque! He was announcing the winners, and he announced his name over the loud speaker; talk about an odd situation; Nothing like being humble. I'm sure the judges knew all about his car!

It is pitiful when such a prestigious organization such as the MCA is represented by Judges who don't know about Carroll Shelby's more affluent modern muscle cars; it's not like the modern KR and Super Snake haven't been around for four years. And shame on the MCA for not taking a very serious look at how the modern Shelby muscle cars should be categorized and Judged, and ensuring the Chairman did his job by ensuring his staff was well prepared for the unique KR and Super Snake cars. I don't believe these cars should be judged with the base Shelby GT500.

I'll be writing a letter to the senior offcials regarding how exceptionally poor the Judge selection was for our cars."

Gee, what is a Shelby GT500 KR??? - Team Shelby

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I can't see the pictures either. That is bs though. I talked to one of the local MCA guys about this show back in december at the DC auto show. The guy didn't seem very cordial, and as a result I didn't feel much of a need to bother attending the event. After reading that, I'm glad I didn't.

Monster Mach

Established Member
When I visited waldorf daily (to see my girlfriend at the time). I saw that gto.. he was a very very nice guy.. sucks to see that happen :(

TRBO VNM

I can't see the pics either. I sure hope they find out who did it and this crap is exposed.

Although, I know what the KR and super snake are, I don't know what MCA is and I guess there is no reason to bother anyway. freaking scumbags.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jason, it's Mustang Club of America. As an organization I think they are OK. They have been around since the 60's, and have regional clubs. Our's is National Capitol Region Mustang Club. Knowing a couple members that I do, I would tend to think that most of them would be as shocked and angered as any of us. I think the club does tend to cater more to the classic Mustang, but the few shows of theirs I've been to have always had a mix of old and new.

Personally, I don't think I'd blame them as a group for the actions of a couple criminals. But I hope, for their reputation, they are aware of what happened and look into it as well. They have a national magazine called Mustang Times, and I think it would be good for someone to write in to them about what happened. It might even help find the culprits as I'm sure most of the show's attendees read it.

Users who are viewing this thread