McLeod is in!!

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
Thanks to JDM opening up Saturday I finally got my McLeod clutch in.(thanks Jim and crew)
Peddle pressure is great-bad news is that there is a 500 mile break in period. Therefore will not know about true difference for awhile.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Congrats flames :beer: I saw your car in person one time..looked outstanding!

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
McLeod

Kaboom-
JDM carries them and will install. Beware McLeod is overloaded and delivery time is forever(worth the wait).

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: McLeod

Originally posted by flames
Kaboom-
JDM carries them and will install. Beware McLeod is overloaded and delivery time is forever(worth the wait).
Please define "forever", im looking at one myself and if they are that backlogged I better order soon. On a side note, did you get the steel or alum flywheel with it and lastly, did you upgrade yopur input shaft as well? If you did, what PN clutch assm did you get?

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
clutch

Shadowgray03-
Long story but second time I ordered through JDM and waited almost a month(not JDM's fault). McLeod was closed for two weeks in December. JDM put a 32 splineimput shaft in. From what I understand McLeod requires their own aluminum flywheel(it is a complete package). It is light years ahead of stock from throwout bearing to dual friction disks. you will be glad you chose them.

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Re: clutch

Originally posted by flames
Shadowgray03-
Long story but second time I ordered through JDM and waited almost a month(not JDM's fault). McLeod was closed for two weeks in December. JDM put a 32 splineimput shaft in. From what I understand McLeod requires their own aluminum flywheel(it is a complete package). It is light years ahead of stock from throwout bearing to dual friction disks. you will be glad you chose them.
Ugh, a month huh, I better get on the ball. Im aware that the kits are complete, they offer one with a steel and one with alum flywheel. Steel is about $200 cheaper, lot of talk of which better and why, I was just curious as to which you went with. JDM put in a 32 spline input shaft???

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Congrats flames :beer: I saw your car in person one time..looked outstanding!

What happened to your rear windows man??? :shrug: :eek:

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
McLeod

Shadowgray03
I have the aluminum flywheel. I believe the 32 spline is stronger.

03Steve

Established Member
I ordered through the website. Flywheel, pressure plate, disc, and TOB. It took 4 days to get to STL.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
flames,
You might double check your numbers. Stock Ford is a 10 spline, the replacement by Liberty is 26 splines. I am not aware of any shafts that will fit these transmissions that are 32 spline.

Dana

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
My McLeod twin-disc just shipped out 2/2. I ordered it 2 weeks ago from D&D Perofrmance (had to be custom built).

Also got the 26-spline input shaft from Libery Gear last week. Hopefully i'll have the clutch kit by thurs or fri so i can get it installed this weekend!

flames-- when you say pedal pressure is great... how does it compare to the stock feel? a little harder, a lot? also, how easy is it to slip (read: how streetable is it)? 500-mi break in is gonna suck... I think i might just take a road trip. :)

Last edited:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
with this break in period, does it have to be absolutly 500 miles?

I've heard this topic before, and it's best to do the proper break in so the clutch will have the maximum holding power but.....

When my car goes back together, it needs to be tuned, so how can i break in the clutch without having it on the dyno & tuned first???

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
with this break in period, does it have to be absolutly 500 miles?

I've heard this topic before, and it's best to do the proper break in so the clutch will have the maximum holding power but.....

When my car goes back together, it needs to be tuned, so how can i break in the clutch without having it on the dyno & tuned first???

you can't. :)

you don't HAVE to do the 500-mile break-in. but if you want max clutch life and surface contact you should do it. basically the break-in just allows the clutch to wear down the "tall" spots on the disc(s) and mold better w/ the flywheel.

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
McLeod

I did not notice any difference in pedal pressure. The clutch is very streetable. It allows you to slip into gear instead of grabbing instantly. As for the spline I am only going by what JDM told me.
Twin Turbo the price was a shade under $1000.(not counting imput shaft).
A long cruise does not count as break in-alot of stop and go is needed.

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Your not supposed to go over 3k rpm for the 1st 500 miles, stay off the gas pedal and the car wont go into open loop operation which means A/F will be determined by feedback from O2 sensors and thus, unless changes have been EXTREME you should be able to break it in before you get a tune and get it on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread