MCT opinons wanted

2MuchHP

Established Member
Well some @#@#@ threw gravel all over my car on friday and put like 4 chips in my windhwield and some nasty cuts in my hood. Insurance sent me to a local dealer's body shop. Now I can choose a different place if I want... my worry is about warranty. can they void the warranty if I am at the body shop getting it repainted?

They have to take the hood off to paint it so Im sure they will see the billetflow.

Should I un-mod tonight... opinions?

Thanks.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
First of all...THAT REALLY SUCKS ABOUT YOUR CAR!! :(

I don't want to give you the wrong advice...but obviously your mods have NOTHING to do with the dealerships body shop. From what I understand...your warranty cannot be denied unless they can proove or feel reasonably sure the modification had a direct affect on the warranty issue. (You have no warranty issue)

Having said that...I went the super-conservative route when I took my car in for service. I completely de-modded except for the exhaust. However, I had issues that could have been blamed on mods...so my issue and your issue are like comparing apples and oranges.

I would advise you to call the BODY SHOP at the dealership and speak to a supervisor as to your concerns and see if any red flags are raised. If the body shop tells you it is a non-issue...I would take that chance and bring it in as is. If you want to play it totally safe...take it to a private body shop. (CAVEAT)...this is merely my opinion.:-D

GOOD LUCK!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 2MuchHP
hmmm its a Lincon-Merc dealership wonder if that is safer?

That makes them even more nit-picky, de-mod it for safety.:(

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'm guessing that billetflow pulley will be a dead giveaway that you are modded. Personally I'd take it off, but maybe this dealership might not be an SVT dealer, so they wouldn't know much or care about mods.

2 years ago the same crap happened to me. I was driving up 375 and right under the bridge where it becomes jefferson a city worker was sweeping rocks off the bridge and onto the highway. Lucky for him I was driving a POS at the time. Good luck getting it fixed.

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it but thats just me. I took my car into Jerome Duncan with all my mods for an oil leak problem. Thank god it ended up being a power steering leak. If your just going in for paint work don't sweat it.

Will

dougwg

Established Member
why take it to a dealer?.....

I have a GREAT PLACE to take your baby...

they did my wifes car and did an awesome job!

call Greg Dutton @ Product One
313-299-1234

all he does is show cars and stuff like that

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
How about just take them the hood.
Trust me you don't want your car at the bodyshop if it doesn't need to be.

svtbrad

Established Member
Don't take it to the dealer!!!! This way you don't have to worry about your warranty being voided and in my opinion they really don't do that good of a job.

I had some body work done on one of my vehicles at the link below. Great place plus they do all the work for the local BMW, Porsche, Ferrari and Mercedes dealerships.

http://www.autometriccollision.com

One of the employees at the Southfield location has a custom painted Lightning that he did himself in a sweet cherry red.

Hope this helps....

Users who are viewing this thread