MD Inspection - tint

norrin302

Established Member
Hey guys,

Maryland failed my inspection for the tint on the windows in my Cobra. Anybody know of an inspection spot in the greater DC area that is more lenient on these types of things? I'm open to suggestions. If not, anybody know someone in the area that's good at tint removal? :shrug:

Thanks

Last edited:

Allen2001GT

Established Member
I had the same problem with my suv. I ended up just having the tint removed from my driver and passenger side front windows for it to pass. Cost $15 bucks, local joint in Rockville, and took just a few minutes. Easy solution for me.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
The tint laws are different for cars and SUV's...

Hate to tell you, but it's all gotta come off the car. And have it removed by a professional - definitely worth it. Removing it yourself leaves a LOT of adhesive on the windows that you'll have to deal with separately. I used Winners in Rockville, but it's more than $15 there. Maybe Anthony (SVTOrange)?

Good luck finding an inspection station that is lenient. I couldn't. :cuss:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I used to have a connection, but he changed jobs and no longer inspects. I keep pushing him to at least get a part time job for me so he can start inspecting again.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Going to Billy tomorrow for an inspection and alignment. Car has a passed VA inspection AND has tint. Guessing the % is legal, even though there is no official sticker that says so. Hoping it will pass, even though I plan to black it out regardless. You may want to run out to National Glass Tint in Kensington to get it stripped for inspection, then have Tony knock it out with a re-tint.

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Anybody know of an inspection spot in the greater DC area that is more lenient on these types of things?

My guy near my house will pass me no matter what, but I'm in VA off the beltway and Gallows. I've had three Cobras through him. If you were doing VA, I'd help ya out and take you over there.

Anthony is not around currently - he's overseas through October IIRC.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yes I am basking in this wonderful heat:burn:

My guy near my house will pass me no matter what, but I'm in VA off the beltway and Gallows. I've had three Cobras through him. If you were doing VA, I'd help ya out and take you over there.

Anthony is not around currently - he's overseas through October IIRC.

norrin302

Established Member
You remember the name of the place in Rockville? Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I had the same problem with my suv. I ended up just having the tint removed from my driver and passenger side front windows for it to pass. Cost $15 bucks, local joint in Rockville, and took just a few minutes. Easy solution for me.

Users who are viewing this thread