MD Vintage tags

Why Try

Established Member
Maryland has amber Vintage tags till Dec 31st. If you want one get it before it is too late. Thoughts?

IMG_20140822_123934_185.jpg

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Are they going to be a different color after next year? God I miss the old white and black plates. I'm kicking myself for not getting my vanity plate before they switched. Luckily the bay plate is such a light blue it's hard to tell.

Personally I think the yellow looks good on your car. The bay plates still show the pelican if you only have 6 letters so this is probably your best bet.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i think its better then the stupid current plates, very glad i have my plain white and black

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I think the yellow looks good on your car too. The current plates go with my paint scheme, so I don't mind them. The $200 for personalized is steep.

Why Try

Established Member
Didn't you have a MCOM plate? The new one is ssssick! I like it. Not that I would ever give up why try but a MACA tag would be all white. How many would we need? Anyone ever look into it? I would put one on my daily.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I ain't never giving up my plate ....well unless the state figures it out and takes it. I don't want anything but, the basic white with black lettering.

Love to have a MACA place but, again not giving up my plate for that.....

$200.00 is step but, every time I look at my plate it....it's worth every penny of it!

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I think you need a minimum amount of plates confirmed prior to allowing a group run. I think it's 50+ but not sure. They are usually numbered plates, too so I don't think you can personalize them. I know PCA is numbered.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I think you need a minimum amount of plates confirmed prior to allowing a group run. I think it's 50+ but not sure. They are usually numbered plates, too so I don't think you can personalize them. I know PCA is numbered.

Must be a non-profit organization with a minimum of 25 members. Don't know about personalization.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Once you own the letters you can put them on any plate you want

Woo Hoo...that's good news. I wouldn't give up either of mine.
I just saw the vintage tag on a newish GTI this morning. I didn't know they could be gotten for new vehicles, and was going WTF?

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
Not like Delaware, where I heard families pass them down - only way you can get one. A guy told me at one of the OC car shows.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I always ran the Farm tags on most my stuff. It's amazing how pricey tags have gotten. I want to do SCRMETN. But only time will that have to change. I saw one down ocean city that was really awesome. I think It said THKSDAD

Users who are viewing this thread