Me Vs. a Z06

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
First off, I love the Z06, it is a beautiful car.

Today, I turned left in front of a Z waiting at a light as I approached him, I gave it a quick rev. to see if he was interested. The lights turned green and I waited for him to approach and sure enough he was inches off of my tail. He pops out into the left lane and takes off. So at this point, I am thinking he was just mad at me for giving him the rev.

He then puts on his brakes to get even with me and then we were off from about a 10mph roll. From this speed, my car usually does not have traction when I gun it, but today I was sticking to the road. We got it to about 60 when we had to brake for traffic and I had him by about 1\2 to a full length.

We were able to go again from a stop sign, where I had perfect traction and was able to take him again from about a 1\2 to a full length. Now on the stop sign run, we had to shut it down because of a upcoming red light.

I came to the light first and looked over for him to chat, but he pulled ahead and did not seem interested. The traffic started moving in my lane and I motioned to him and he said that he and his dad have matching Z's. I asked him about his mods, but with the traffic, I could not hear him.

He said he has never lost in the Z. His Z was torch red like my '03 (with a very distinct L plate that I will not mention). We then gave compliments and went in opposite directions.

:beer:

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Great kill, byevette. Handing him his first two deaths must have been particularly gratifying =>)

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
Good to hear, can't wait till I finally hand one its a$$.

Byevette, great kill!!!! And SolidSnake, we are being a little presumptious, aren't we???:p ;-)

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by byevette

He said he has never lost in the Z. His Z was torch red like my '03 (with a very distinct L plate that I will not mention). We then gave compliments and went in opposite directions.

:beer:
He might never again race an 03 Cobra again; He was also at the Z06 forum reading how slow the 03 Cobras are compare to their mighty Z06 and believe it.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
nice kill, at least he did talk to you. most around here are too proud when they lose. good kill :beer:

2000-S6

Established Member
byevette-
nice kill. ;-)
you post some very strong dyno numbers. just so i stay on top of things. did you gain 20 hp to the wheels with just your CAI? i've seen many cobra dynos with just full exhaust, and K&N, and my experience has been about 400 to the wheels. can you let me know the type of CAI you have? my buddy has an 03 vert, and CAI is his next mod.
thanks,

Last edited:

2000-S6

Established Member
Originally posted by 2000-S6
byevette-
nice kill. ;-)
you post some very strong dyno numbers. just so i stay on top of things. did you gain 20 hp to the wheels with just your CAI? i've seen many cobra dynos with just full exhaust, and K&N, and my experience has been about 400 to the wheels. can you let me know the type of CAI you have? my buddy has an 03 vert, and CAI is his next mod.
thanks,

byevette-
my bad...it's in your sig...UPR CAI
any additional comments would be appreciated.
thanks,

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I love them! Most of the guys saved money by buying them instead of the Z06 so they always have money in their pocket. Easier for the hustling. Anyone of you want to claim one of the arse whippings we layed on 3 different 03 Cobras in the O.C. area. Green colored 94 Z28 you thought was easy pickens. Anybody? Well thanks for the extra cash we appreciate it. I hope none of you work for the IRS because this extra money supports my drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread