Mechanic Northern VA Area

DailyBlown

Established Member
My truck is a daily driver and I need to pass emissions. Unfortunately, I am throwing the following codes: P1450, P0171 (Bank 1), and P0174 (Bank 2) codes.

Based on the multiple articles, it seems like I should do the turkey pan mod. I already have oil separators. While I was at it, I was thinking about the Dime Mod too.

My old mechanic is no longer in the area. I vaguely recall a mechanic from the Northern Virginia area that has a Lightning (or had) and lived in the area. Can anyone recommend any mechanics or shops? Any advice additional advice on the aforementioned codes is appreciated too.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Hope this helps you out buddy. (Lightning fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC (Professsional, quality and honest business is my top priorty)

P1450 - Unable to Bleed Up Fuel Tank Vacuum
Monitors the fuel vapor vacuum and pressure in the fuel tank. System failure occurs when the EVAP running loss monitor detects excessive fuel tank vacuum with the engine running (but not at idle).

P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1)
The adaptive fuel strategy continuously monitors the fuel delivery hardware. The test fails when the adaptive fuel tables reach a rich calibrated limit.

P0174 - System Too Lean (Bank 2) * Description is the same as P0171

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I would check some of the most obvious before heading to a garage to save a few bucks. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread