Mechanic's/Work Gloves - What are you using?

ajaf1656

Established Member
I've had some friends develop cancer and doctors think the chemicals might be the reason. Another concern is how the undisclosed chemicals in products can act as a central nervous system depressant and show up on a blood test the same as alcohol. You could drink just a few beers while working on something and test way over the limit.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Venom gloves(orange with grip) for work with any type of chemicals.

For wrenching/using grinders etc or heavy outdoor use I have a few leather/Kobalt gloves with padding.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
West Chester 7 mil textured nitrile gloves are what we use at work in the lab. I think it’s the 2940 series. Liked them so much I started buying them for the house. They don’t tear easily at all because they are so thick but still allow you to grip like you’re bare handed with the diamond shaped nubs.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I wear nitrile all the time now but kinda closing the barn door after the horse left. I was a tech for 40ish years. I am one of those guys that back in the day, no one wore gloves for pretty much any sort of dirty work. Solvents, used engine oil, hell, used to used clean engine oil to get the grease off your hands. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with multiple Myeloma, a type of cancer of your plasma cells. While they don’t have a definitive cause, Drs tell me it it’s very possible it came from prolonged exposure to chemicals at work Trust me , you don’t want this or any other type of cancer. Wearing gloves just may help you live a longer happier life.
A very close relative has MM. PM incoming

patc84

Established Member
i use nitrile for picking up dog shit and while cleaning with chemicals. while i work on the car tho, no gloves.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
My go to bitch mitts are the fast fit Mechanix gloves. Sometimes they have to come off. I have a container of Fast Orange in the shower, used nightly.

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
I saw a video on YouTube about cleaning hands after dirty greasy work. Dudes tip was the cheapest cooking oil you could find. Just a bit in his hands cleaned like 80 to 90% off. I couldn't believe it so I tried it, works awesome. The only thing it has a bit of trouble with is under nails and the beds but I have never had a nail scrub brush. When I do wear gloves at work I have been using the hardy basic black mechanic gloves. 1/5 the cost of Mechanix and wear the same to me. Plus if you catch them on coupon I have got them as low as 3.99 a pr. Usually last me about 3 weeks a pr.

Sent from my SM-G781U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I saw a video on YouTube about cleaning hands after dirty greasy work. Dudes tip was the cheapest cooking oil you could find. Just a bit in his hands cleaned like 80 to 90% off. I couldn't believe it so I tried it, works awesome. The only thing it has a bit of trouble with is under nails and the beds but I have never had a nail scrub brush. When I do wear gloves at work I have been using the hardy basic black mechanic gloves. 1/5 the cost of Mechanix and wear the same to me. Plus if you catch them on coupon I have got them as low as 3.99 a pr. Usually last me about 3 weeks a pr.

Sent from my SM-G781U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Basic chemistry, likes dissolve likes.

A nail brush makes a huge difference:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
We have these maxi flex at work. They run a hair small but they break in and stretch to your hand providing good dexterity. I can Teflon tape a 1/4” nipple wearing these gloves.

Pro tip, roll the cuff over once before putting these types of gloves on and they slide on way better.
b63f60a2d99b111ab1e5882b4de3eea2.jpg

3031876867ca93c9a667caaf5a185013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread