Mechman/Billet-Tech Alternators

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Hi SVTP. I know I need an alternator and im not one to cheap out on my car so price is not an issue. Problem be that I am on the fence between the Nations externally regulated and Billet tech 170a Alternator. My mind is almost made up on the Billet Tech but was wondering how many of you have already purchased one of this? Im looking for any feedback on the Billet Tech :shrug:

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Sorry, not the feedback your looking for... but

Why not Start-N-Charge? Jamie sells the 160 amp with upgraded power wire for $334 shipped.

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Sorry, not the feedback your looking for... but

Why not Start-N-Charge? Jamie sells the 160 amp with upgraded power wire for $334 shipped.

not interested in those. I have seen those fail too along with all the eBay ones. I would not trust anything but the ones I listed, from hrs of research, forum feedback and personal experience.

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
Guess you can be the guinea pig...

might just be since im ordering soon. I know a few have ordered it just wanted there feedback. At the track a bunch of guys run the Nation's and even the mechman but their new Billet Tech line is their high tech stuff.

Sonic blue

Wax addict.
Established Member
I hope you find someone with a solid answer, my car is also having symptoms of a failing alternator and i'm not sure which company to trust..

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
I hope you find someone with a solid answer, my car is also having symptoms of a failing alternator and i'm not sure which company to trust..

You can't go wrong with a Nation's and external regulator, Adam at nation's will let you know what you need. At the track ppl swear by it and love it and have been running it for years, however it requires a bracket be drilled out after some measurement from a piece of flat stock and it has a smaller pulley therefore you need a shorter belt, still top of the line. Same thing goes for the Mechman units however they are direct fit with stock pulley, and there Billet Tech line is even better and still direct fit, stock pulley and requires no external regulator because of there cooler running efficiency and up to 20,000rpm if need to, but comes with a hefty price. Regardless im still ordering it, but it's nice hearing from others.

cobracloud

Established Member
You can't go wrong with a Nation's and external regulator, Adam at nation's will let you know what you need. At the track ppl swear by it and love it and have been running it for years, however it requires a bracket be drilled out after some measurement from a piece of flat stock and it has a smaller pulley therefore you need a shorter belt, still top of the line. Same thing goes for the Mechman units however they are direct fit with stock pulley, and there Billet Tech line is even better and still direct fit, stock pulley and requires no external regulator because of there cooler running efficiency and up to 20,000rpm if need to, but comes with a hefty price. Regardless im still ordering it, but it's nice hearing from others.

got a link for the billet tech alts?

BayAreaTech

Crazy Mexican
Established Member
I just received the 170a billet-tech alternator and let me say this is one good looking piece :D it will be installed tomorrow and this post will be here for future info... I will keep it updated for those interested.

FastlaneParts

Established Member
also I ordered from Fast Lane.. David kept me updated at all times:beer:... Thank you Fast Lane

No Problem! Glad it made the trip across country, Im anxious to hear how well the install goes. As always, if there are any issues, feel free to Email, Call, Text, Carrier Pigeon, whatever! :)

Users who are viewing this thread