Medusa at a Private Rental

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I've been slowly dialing in my car with more and more seat time. Had a private rental on saturday and made some serious progress. I need to knock my 60ft down better and the launch and it'll go 9's with a 18" Hoosier Drag radial. Can't wait to get back out there. Finally shifting like how I used to on the 10.5@142 pass. Still have work on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift though. Enjoy the pics and vids. On the 10.8@135 I had issues getting into 3rd.. Shifting was between 7800-8200rpm for those curious.
IMG_7887.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_7881.jpg
IMG_7860.jpg

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to get that 60' down to the 1.5x or lower and your'e in the 9s. that 10.39 run is a significant improvement. nicely done

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The cars gone 144 already. With less power and more weight then it’s at now. Just a better driver lol. No doubt it’s got mid 9s in it. Just gotta keep at it.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Heck yea. Glad to see you didn't waste anytime moving on from the Griggs parts. Once you really have it dialed in, that thing is going to hurt some feelings even more than it does already.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Rollin hard! Love the car! I'm with ya! I just finished getting my Cobra dialed in after having the engine rebuilt. I haven't made a track pass since 2007. Should be interesting!

You're car sounds soooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds great!

Gotta get that wotbox figured out along with the shifting.

Looked like a fun outing!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I honestly did not know 4.6's could rev that high, that sounds amazing ripping down the track.

Yea they rev higher than most coyote's when set up properly and have the ECU to support it.

Heck yea. Glad to see you didn't waste anytime moving on from the Griggs parts. Once you really have it dialed in, that thing is going to hurt some feelings even more than it does already.

Nah I had my Griggs Stuff, and my brakes sold in less than 2wks.

Man I swear Centri cars just sound monstrous when getting on them

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Oh yea I agree.

Car looks, sounds and runs great!!

That is one sexy bitch!!

YES
Sn95s for the win.
That bitch is rollin', son!

Thank you!!

Rollin hard! Love the car! I'm with ya! I just finished getting my Cobra dialed in after having the engine rebuilt. I haven't made a track pass since 2007. Should be interesting!

You're car sounds soooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man.. To make matters worse this is my first time drag racing. I was a road racing guy before lol. So I went from never drag racing, into a 900rwhp car, on 18" drag radials and a six speed.. Slight learning curve ahahaha

Sounds great!

Gotta get that wotbox figured out along with the shifting.

Looked like a fun outing!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I doubt I'll do a WOT box on my ECU, but it is something to look into I guess.

RSbeast

Established Member
Nothing beats a big centri on a high reviving engine for a stick car. Has such a wicked sound to it. Very exotic.

Users who are viewing this thread