Meet the most gullible guy in Texas

PilledV8s

Established Member
This has got to be the dumbest and most gullible person in the great state of Texas. The
http://www.click2houston.com/news/16725916/detail.html

SPRING, Texas -- A man is out hundreds of dollars after he fell victim to a new scam, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Charles Stokes said that when he walked out of the Bank of America on the North Freeway near Louetta Road at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday, he saw a man who seemed to need help.

"Now looking back, I realize it was a story," Stokes said. "I should have been smarter -- much smarter."

Stokes said he believed the man, in part, because he was older -- in his late 40s or 50s -- and well dressed.

"He said his brother died," Stokes said. "He was lost and needed directions. I offered him a ride."

They drove to Rudy's, a nearby restaurant, and asked another man, who apparently said he worked there, for directions.

The second man was part of the plot to steal, Stokes said. He got in the car and as they drove, the story got more complicated.

"He said he was from South Africa and gave an elaborate story saying he did not believe in banks," said Stokes.

Stokes said he was offered money for his help.

"If you take out money, we'll match it. You can take your kids on vacation," Harris County Precinct 4 Deputy Constable Sgt. David Mayes said Stokes was told.

Mayes said he has seen similar thefts.

"These days, the idea of free money is appealing," said Mayes. "Now more people are becoming victims and putting themselves in danger."

Stokes withdrew $800 and was robbed a few moments later.

"He pressed a pistol in my cheek," Stokes said. "I have children. My life is not worth $800. I gave it up."

The men ran away with the money, Stokes said.

"That's my rent," said Stokes. "It's gone and the first (of the month) is right around the corner."

Deputies have not released a detailed description of the men, but said one has a thick South African accent and the other has a noticeable limp.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Copyright 2008 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
He said he was from South Africa and gave an elaborate story saying he did not believe in banks

EEEEEERRRRRRRKKKK....GTFO or i'll remove you myself!

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Seriously? That's why I don't give strangers rides. I call the cops for them and they can take them wherever they need to go.

assasyn

Established Member
That's right down the road from my house.

My sister works at a bank and the other day some elderly folks were sitting in the lobby for like 2 hours and said they were waiting for someone. So after two hours my sister asked who they were waiting for and they said they had won a foreign lottery and had given the guy who emailed him all of their SS#s and acct. #s. She asked if they had ever been to that country and if they had ever played the lottery there. Of course they said no and she closed their accounts.

It's sad that people are either that desperate of that naive.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
What a dumbass. I don't feel sorry for him in the least. Letting a stranger in the car, much less two strangers.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
That is texas. I am hassled all the time, people selling stereo equipment, or wanting money. You would not believe the people that left their credit card at home, or wrote their last check. If you write down your name and address I will send you a check as soon as I get home, or blah blah. Some people.

Users who are viewing this thread