Megasquirt MS3 pro users

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not sure how much wire the Spartans come with. The aux plug for the MS3 comes with about 6" of wire. Pay attention to which way the plug housing is facing when you insert the pins. That one bit me in the ass last time.

You'll need to run wires for the flex fuel sensor as well. It all depends on where you mount it. My wideband modules are under the steering column so I had to run wires from the passenger kick panel to that spot. As well as run wires from the flex fuel sensor in the wheel well to the ECU.

You could probably get everything hooked up in a weekend. I spread mine out over a couple weeks. I need to pull the ECU to change the ground for the flex fuel sensor, but I'm being lazy and dealing with trying to buy a house.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I'm not sure how much wire the Spartans come with. The aux plug for the MS3 comes with about 6" of wire. Pay attention to which way the plug housing is facing when you insert the pins. That one bit me in the ass last time.

You'll need to run wires for the flex fuel sensor as well. It all depends on where you mount it. My wideband modules are under the steering column so I had to run wires from the passenger kick panel to that spot. As well as run wires from the flex fuel sensor in the wheel well to the ECU.

You could probably get everything hooked up in a weekend. I spread mine out over a couple weeks. I need to pull the ECU to change the ground for the flex fuel sensor, but I'm being lazy and dealing with trying to buy a house.
Because buying a house over working on the car is ABSOLUTE PURE LAZINESS ;)
Just remember, you can live in a car but you can't race a house!! :)

J/K :)

Ken

01yellercobra

Established Member
Because buying a house over working on the car is ABSOLUTE PURE LAZINESS ;)
Just remember, you can live in a car but you can't race a house!! :)

J/K :)

Ken
Lol. But I'm going from a small 2 car to a good sized 3 car. More room to tear the race car apart.

My plan is to take care of the flex fuel sensor when I put in the BMR K member. I want to be able to test it which requires pulling the wheel and fender liner. Hopefully I can get it working so I can start on the flex fuel tune.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Yeah i get the house thing! Im currently in the same boat. So what kind of intake setup are you running with no maf now? I was thing out fabing up a fender well style with my existing short ram.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Lol. But I'm going from a small 2 car to a good sized 3 car. More room to tear the race car apart.

My plan is to take care of the flex fuel sensor when I put in the BMR K member. I want to be able to test it which requires pulling the wheel and fender liner. Hopefully I can get it working so I can start on the flex fuel tune.

Extra room to work on the race car is always a good thing!
In all seriousness, congrats on the new house!
Have you heard anything back from DIYautotune regarding the bouncing speedo correction? IIRC you were going to get yours up and running first until they found a fix and then send yours in?
Waiting until someone confirms a fix before I send mine in. I also need the update for the 6 speed reverse lockout fix or whatever it was too. Doesn't really matter in my case since I have an auto, but figured I may as well get that too just in case.
Looking forward to the results with the flex fuel too! I need to get my ass moving on building my motor so I can start digging into the MS3.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Extra room to work on the race car is always a good thing!
In all seriousness, congrats on the new house!
Have you heard anything back from DIYautotune regarding the bouncing speedo correction? IIRC you were going to get yours up and running first until they found a fix and then send yours in?
Waiting until someone confirms a fix before I send mine in. I also need the update for the 6 speed reverse lockout fix or whatever it was too. Doesn't really matter in my case since I have an auto, but figured I may as well get that too just in case.
Looking forward to the results with the flex fuel too! I need to get my ass moving on building my motor so I can start digging into the MS3.

Supposedly they're close. I emailed Matt last week and he said they need to check the fix on their test car. So I'll probably check in again after I move. I have been driving it around a lot lately. Drove it to work twice this week. The only thing I really need to work on is the cold start. But that takes a while since I can only check the changes once a day.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Supposedly they're close. I emailed Matt last week and he said they need to check the fix on their test car. So I'll probably check in again after I move. I have been driving it around a lot lately. Drove it to work twice this week. The only thing I really need to work on is the cold start. But that takes a while since I can only check the changes once a day.
So what is the issue with the reverse lockout? Does everyone have this issue? Anyone have pictures of their intake setup with no maf?

01yellercobra

Established Member
So what is the issue with the reverse lockout? Does everyone have this issue? Anyone have pictures of their intake setup with no maf?
The first batch didn't activate the reverse lockout. Made getting into reverse a little difficult. It's been fixed since then.

I just unplugged mine and turned it so the sensor is facing down. I do have some pipe to replace the MAF altogether. But I keep wanting to hook it back up just to see if there's a difference.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
The first batch didn't activate the reverse lockout. Made getting into reverse a little difficult. It's been fixed since then.

I just unplugged mine and turned it so the sensor is facing down. I do have some pipe to replace the MAF altogether. But I keep wanting to hook it back up just to see if there's a difference.

So will the megasquirt work with the factory maf properly?

01yellercobra

Established Member
So will the megasquirt work with the factory maf properly?
It should. You need to manually input the MAF curve though. That's been my biggest hold up. I think SCT's values are in kg/hr and Megasquirt works in g/min. Or something like that.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
So looking at the instruction fort the rear auxiliary connector it only has one input for wideband o2 sensor in the G location of the connector. Running the dual spartans, do you wire into the factory ecu connector then? Also has anyone used the inter cooler pump output to control the inter cooler pump more precisely?

01yellercobra

Established Member
So looking at the instruction fort the rear auxiliary connector it only has one input for wideband o2 sensor in the G location of the connector. Running the dual spartans, do you wire into the factory ecu connector then? Also has anyone used the inter cooler pump output to control the inter cooler pump more precisely?

Wire the Spartans to the CAN Bus high and low. You can run them both on the same pins. Then in the software you give them different ID's. You'll have to make a change in the Spartan software as well. @GodStang should have an idea about that.

The intercooler pump turns on when the key is on. At least it has when I've been checking things. Not sure how much more precision you want.

Users who are viewing this thread