Meguires NXT Wax sucks!!!

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
i dont know why anybody after using this product one time would use it again...

i was helping my girlfriend detail her mustang (again) and i didnt have much clearkote or poorboy products left so i did not use my PC...so here are the steps we took

(all this stuff was purchased by her)

-meguires wash soap
-meguires step 1,2 (cleaner, polish) system
-meguires nxt wax
-about 6 microfiber
-claybar used about 3 weeks earlier

anyways 3 days later after a nice wash i noticed the car looked like it had never had wax on it before...it was not nearly as smooth as some of the other waxes out there...the only upside i saw to this stuff they call wax is there is no dust left over....i am just aggrivated because it feels that the time spent was a waste

Last edited:

LSWHAT??

Definitely no good IMO either, and the spray stuff that my buddy picked up once has to be about the worst $7 investment anyone has ever made.

On a side note, I do like the Meg's professional line, Meguiars #26 Yellow Wax is teh woot.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Same experience on my expedition, it looked fine for a day or so till it rained and the stuff was gone... now I use the good stuff even on the beater.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
99ShinodaCobra said:
you should try Zaino dood.....

zaino aint got shit on my PC with "Clear Kote" and "Poorboys" product

SSR2.5 + SSR1 + VM + CMW + PC = sex

and 99shinoda ...you going to wfc?

Last edited:

mexis97gt

Established Member
i wasnt impressed either i have always used meg's gold class and always got great deep shine i heard of a few people online using the nxt crap and went an bought the wax and quik detailer. it makes your car look like plastic and didnt last for sh!t. very dissapointed with it for the price and for meg's for putting their name on it. i dont even waste my time with it now its just sitting on the shelf

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
hmmm that interesting, i use nxt and i like it, its all in the prep work....
i put 3 layers of nxt and a month later after a wash, i use a quick detailer and it feels as smooth as when i wax it the first day...but i have to agree that the high gloss #26 is very good wax only down side is, it leaves swirl marks, and the nxt does not.. at least for me

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
well then it was the quick detailer makin it feel smooth.....cause this is not the first i have noticed this problem

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't mind the looks of NXT, but it never felt very smooth. I've ordered some Clearkote products fromt the site sponsor, should be here Friday, so I'm hoping for some good things.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I used it once like 3 years ago...it looked good for a day then a week later it was like no wax was on the paint. That was the last over the counter wax I ever bought.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The initial shine definitely doesn't hold. Overall protection does seem to go on after the shine is lost though.

There are better products out there for sure. Meg's #26 offers about double the durability of NXT.

NXT paste does last a little longer than the liquid, but not by much.

Also, the NXT boost wax, if used after every wash, will bring the shine back and generally maintain it until the next time you wash. I tried that for a while, but I got tired of doing it every time I washed the car...so on to other products.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
NXT sucks. It isn't all in the prep work.

No amount of prep work is going to make it last longer, which is it's problem.

spike_africa

Established Member
NXT is more of a wax for someone who is gonna wax there car every week. It looks good but goes away fast. I used it on my subaru baja, looked good but didnt last for shit. I really like Meg's gold glass that stuff lasts a long time and sheets water for months on end.

Users who are viewing this thread