Member needs our help!

quad

Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Brett.

Just a year ago he was posting photos of his basement remodel and he was always proud of his Cobra!

May he Rest in Peace and my heart goes out to him and his family.

Jans

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Funeral Arrangements are:

Weise Funeral Home
7210 Park Avenue
Allen Park, Michigan 48101

Thursday 12-7pm
Memorial Service at 7pm

Tim,
Thank you for posting the details. Are there any plans of having a MCT member visitation gathering? If not, I would like to throw that out to the group as an option. I am available in the late afternoon until 7.

RIP Brent.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
^^ or a second cruise/event for the year in his memory

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Tony and myself along with the wife will be at the funeral home between 4:30-5:30 tomorrow.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I will be there sometime between 4pm and 6pm. I second the idea of a cruise, show or gathering in Brent's honor this year.

Last edited:

Termin8orFox

Sideways in 3rd.....at 70
Established Member
So very sad to hear this. I havent been on this site in months, just not what I wanted to see on my return. This is horrible. Tim, let us know what we can do for the family to help.

James

Blue03

Established Member
I am truly saddened by this. Brent was a great guy. Trying to catch up myself and this was not what I wanted to read about. I will stop in tomorrow after work, 6 - 7pm. :(

dougwg

Established Member
Very touching......Death Notices

COOGAN BRENT D
March 12, 2009​
Age 32. March 9, 2009. Beloved husband of Stacy. Loving father of Avery and Jacob. Dear son of Darcy and Bruce Coogan. Dear brother of Alexa (James) Cooper. Dear grandson of Charlotte and Albert Coogan. Son-in-law of Pamela and Michael Merritt. Brother-in-law of Chris, Karen, Andrea and Michael. Uncle of Zachary and Kherington. Also survived by many other family and friends. Brent died peacefully after a courageous five month battle with Leukemia and he drove off to heaven in his Mustang Cobra. Memorial Service is 7 p.m. Thursday, March 12, at Weise Funeral Home, 7210 Park Avenue, Allen Park. (313) 382-1150. Visitation from 1 p.m.-8 p.m. Memorial contributions to benefit Brent's children would be appreciated. See online obituary at www.weisefuneralhome.com

R.I.P. Brent

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Life can be very unfair and death, even more so...

Regretfully, I am unable to attend today but my thoughts and prayers continue for Brent's family

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I stopped by the funeral home today to pay my respects to Brent, Stacy and their family. I was very proud of the flower arrangment that was sent in kind by the MCT. I would like to thank the executive board for sending this display of thoughfulness on behalf of the club.

T.Bone

Established Member
I would like to second what George said, MCT has some great members!

It was also good to see everyone there, Rich I seen you in the back but couldn't find you once the service was over to say hello.

Brent was a good friend and I will think of him when ever I am working on my Cobra's. It's hard to believe that just last August he was helping me lift my trans in my car and you would have never known he would be striken down with this illness.

He will be missed, RIP

Tim

dougwg

Established Member
I stopped by the funeral home today to pay my respects to Brent, Stacy and their family. I was very proud of the flower arrangment that was sent in kind by the MCT. I would like to thank the executive board for sending this display of thoughfulness on behalf of the club.

Did you like the Sonic Blue carnations? ;-)

I think Brent would have liked that. :rockon:

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I had stopped by early in the afternoon to pay my respects. It was very hard on his wife , mother, and sister. My heart goes out to them the most. Brent's brother-in-law was going to make a ribbon for the cars in honor of Brent and said he would let us know when he was done to see if the members would want one. I will let everyone know when he contacts me.

RIP Brent.

Jpjr

Established Member
Damn it.

I never met Brent but traded PM's with him here and got a lot of great advice from him. Reading the news really upset me, I wish I could have been in MI for the service. The guy will not be forgotten.

Blue03

Established Member
I would like to second what George said, MCT has some great members!

It was also good to see everyone there, Rich I seen you in the back but couldn't find you once the service was over to say hello.

Brent was a good friend and I will think of him when ever I am working on my Cobra's. It's hard to believe that just last August he was helping me lift my trans in my car and you would have never known he would be striken down with this illness.

He will be missed, RIP

Tim

Tim, I did see you but the crowd was so heavy I couldn't get over there to say hello. I had to leave to pick up my son or I would have stayed a little longer. I donated my membership dues plus another $10 on behalf of the club to Stacy and the kids. I'm still in shock about this myself. I can't believe this happened so fast. I shared a story with Stacy about the first clutch we put in Brent's car. He brought it over and we threw it up on the hoist. Dave came over and we installed the cooling mod while the trans was out. Brent was worried about someone stealing the car. I told him it better be Houdini to get it past the other 6 cars blocking the drive. RIP.................

Last edited:

Blue03

Established Member
I had stopped by early in the afternoon to pay my respects. It was very hard on his wife , mother, and sister. My heart goes out to them the most. Brent's brother-in-law was going to make a ribbon for the cars in honor of Brent and said he would let us know when he was done to see if the members would want one. I will let everyone know when he contacts me.

RIP Brent.

Definitely count me in for one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread