Messed up bottle warmer, trying to repair

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Hey my bottle warmer has been acting messed up for awhile and I finally found out what was wrong. One of the wires that goes into the actual blanket was loose and came out tonight. Is there a good way to repair this or am I going to have to buy a new kit and re crimp the wires? It's an NOS kit if it makes a difference.

Could I buy this kit and just connect up the wires like they were on the NOS kit?

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/bottleheaters.html

jlauth

Established Member
See if there is any way that you can cut back the rubber that covers the wires and then maybe you could find the bad solder joint then resolder it and cover it well with electrical tape, if not it looks like you may need a new one, but you just need the actual warmer, and i believe that you can get one of those for 30-40. I have seen them in new condition on ebay and a few other places. My warmer causes me problems from time to time, but i believe it is the quick connects. They dont seem to have a great connection, and you have just reminded me that i need to take care of this before summer. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread