Met a few svt people

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
I was out at Gandy last night and ran into a few cobra owners. There was a very nice silver car there he had the usal mods along with a nice little shot to help back it all up. The guy was pretty cool as well.

The other one was a blue 03 with some jackass driving it. I was shocked any mustang owner could be such a tool. :kaboom: Oh well one out of 2 isn't bad.

I had hoped to run into a few of the guys I met at walmart back in january but didn't see any of them. All in all it was not a bad trip. We saw a 350z (i think turbo) run a toyota something or another. The z pulled it pretty hard. A few other good races but mostly just rice.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I haven't been out to Gandy for a couple months.

*BTW, I'm not the jackass in the SB Cobra.

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
We should get a group of the SVT Guys from here together some Saturday night, and ride to the good ole Gandy Race Trac(k) together! I've met up w/a heavily modded GT out there, and from a roll three times, he lost. Even with his 50 shot. :D But it was definitely fun, and the kid was pretty cool to boot.

I'm game for almost any Saturday night, except the next two - Dang weddings..... Who wants to get married anyways? Lol.

I've not met anyone from SVTPerformance.com yet.... Would be a good G2G in my opinion!

Josh

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
As trd said he hasn't been out there. Everyone out there short of the guys he was with had the same opinion, JACKASS. The bad thing is some of the people he was cruising with where cool.

I don't own a cobra but always like checking them out. So if you guys wanted to have a get together i'd go.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
what did TRDNiteLife do that makes you call him a tool and a Jackass??

He wasn't talking about me. I was just clarifying for everyone else that it wasn't me.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I go out to Gandy almost every week. There is another '03 that's out the same amount. The silver one with the spray is very nice, and fast too. I'm usually at sonic from about 10:30/11:00 until about 12. Then I go driving. There are a few guys from the board that go out regularly, others come out seldomly.

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
Surfnerv89.. I've not been to Sonic, but heard of it. I've heard that you get ran off almost before you can park?! I'd like to catch up with the Florida (read Tampa) Crew sometime for sure! I go out, usually solo, or with only a passenger. I try to catch a few passes over the bridge, and then ride through the "usual tracks" ie: 28th, 34th, Laurel, Etc, etc... I'm from New Tampa, so I usually ride through 50th/Seabreeze area too before heading home... Nothing at all of late! I mean I was lucky to catch a 300ZX Twin Turbo, and the GT I mentioned above. 1 win, 1 loss for me and the lady... But what is one to do on stock, vs. 17 psi of TT 300ZX power, lol :D

Anyways, I'm game for a G2G, soon.... Just like I say, the 12th and 19th - I'm hoping to be three, no make that four, sheets to the wind after the weddings are over! :D

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
CobraR351, I believe. He just got the nitrous. Don't think he's been to the track though. He did lose to a 650 whp KB by 1 car though. He put buslengths on me with my stock pulley.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
It's a dark red KB. He blew it up along time ago. Before I got my car. He got everything taken care of, and comes out sometimes. I don't know his name, but he's a cool guy. Nitrous Pete built his car, and did the nitrous setup. He comes down to fl. on the weekends only. I think he works and lives up north during the week. I think he made 650 whp and just under 500 tq. His car has chrome SSR GT3's

Last edited:

03 ponypower

Established Member
surfnerv89 i've only met you twice, but you've got a pretty good memory. i actually live in tampa now, but travel mon-fri. i sometimes follow my buddy greg(silver cobra) out to gandy when i get a chance. i just finished the nitrous setup. if i get a chance i'll be up at racerelated saturday to dyno with it. i hope the fuel system will hold up, but i kind of doubt it.

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
03 ponypower - Chris, with the black cobra, told me alot about your car, along with greg. I hope everything works out for ya at the dyno. good luck.

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Very cool! I was going to go up tonight but could not make it. How is next Saturday night for everyone? Ponypower what kind of setup (nitrous) and mods are you running? That really sucks that there is another 03 with GT3's!

Users who are viewing this thread