Metal ball shifter

lsp408

Established Member
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone here with M6 gt has the metal ball shifter?

I like it so far except when the car sits outside in cold/hot weather, the shifter become untouchable.

and I have not yet see another 2011 gt with that shifter. is this some sort of special deal?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone here with M6 gt has the metal ball shifter?

I like it so far except when the car sits outside in cold/hot weather, the shifter become untouchable.

and I have not yet see another 2011 gt with that shifter. is this some sort of special deal?

I have the metal ball shifter. Although yes it does get cold (and I'm sure hot in the summer) I'm really enjoying it.

It's got a real nice solid feel to it. Feels like you can bang on it as much as you want without fear of damage to the shifter.

lsp408

Established Member
I have the metal ball shifter. Although yes it does get cold (and I'm sure hot in the summer) I'm really enjoying it.

It's got a real nice solid feel to it. Feels like you can bang on it as much as you want without fear of damage to the shifter.

is it a different shifter or just the ball is different than other stock car?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
is it a different shifter or just the ball is different than other stock car?

I'm positive it's just the ball.

I mean literally you'd have to be doing something wrong to break the regular shifter, but the metal ball just adds that feeling of strength to the system.

I really enjoy the feeling that it transfers through the ball. You can feel the gates quite well.

Grant808

Established Member
It comes with the 401A interior option (cars with the seat stripe). So far I like it too except for the hot/cold issue.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i had the metal knob one, but replaced it. i liked it but the thing gets too damn cold and too damn hot and was uncomfortable...

Users who are viewing this thread