Metal Fans Come Here!

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Hey all you metal fans. What have you been listening to lately? My playlists look like this:

As I Lay Dying
Trivium
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
August Burns Red
In Flames

The drummer for August Burns Red is the best out there right now IMO, but AILD is my overall favorite band.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOoTibcd__g"]YouTube - As I Lay Dying - The Sound Of Truth NEW MUSIC VIDEO!!![/ame]

Last edited:

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
Your metal is good, but too new for me. Im still affixiated on the 70s 80s and 90s. Not a bad line up though.

Jaysin

Established Member
Went and saw Aild and Lamb of God last week, didnt like AILD at all. Listening to Pantera, Cannibal Corpse and Ozzy/Black Sabbath alot lately.

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
I've been on a Lamb of God kick lately. My listening usually consists of them, Slayer, Metallica, and Pantera.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I've been listening to Dimmu Borgir the most. Kataklysm, Bloodbath, Kalmah and Naglfar are on my phone as well.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
AILD, LOG and Metallica.

(and throw some Mitch Hedberg in for some change of pace..LOL)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Big August Burns Red fan here, especially the the Thrill Seeker album, but I have to disagree with you on drummers. Jordan Mancino from AILD is an excellent drummer, definitely one of the best around today.

If you really like AILD you should pick up their new 3 disc DVD. It's got their whole band bio, an hour and a half of great live performance and a ton of extra stuff.

I was blown away when I heard the DVD went platinum in it's first week and so have all their albums. An Ocean Between Us was actually #9 on the Bilboard rock charts, and it was right behind Nickelback. That's pretty impressive for a metal band that doesn't get any radio play.

ABR is right behind them though. They are going to be huge! But concerning musical talent I got to give it to AILD.

Those are pretty much the two metal/metalcore bands I listen to the most but I like a little Himsa here and there.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Maiden as always.

BUT at the moment its been a lot of Gojira, Pantera, Dark Tranquility, Dimmu Borgir and Emperor for the most part. Im going to see Testament in a few weeks so thats been rocking out on the ipod. Cannibal corpse at the gym, Down while im out running.

EDIT: Hey Maiden Fans!, have you seen Flight 666 yet?? i pre-ordered on Amazon and cant WAIT to get that stuff

Last edited:

oneSICsvt

Established Member
Nobody named Avenged Sevenfold, they arethe best band in the world hands down. Well my favorite band since 6th grade

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Rammstein recently. People give me weird looks when I pull up next to them blasting German metal :D

Last edited:

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Nobody named Avenged Sevenfold, they arethe best band in the world hands down. Well my favorite band since 6th grade

If you're talking about Avenged Sevenfold's Waking the Fallen album, I have to agree. Whoever mentioned the older Trivium, that's really all I like, the Ascendancy album. As for Killswitch, I really only like them with Howard Jones singing.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
If you guys haven't heard of In Flames, you should check out their two newest albums, Come Clarity and A Sense of Purpose. Namely, the songs Come Clarity, Crawl Through Knives, and Alias.

I'm definitely going to check out that AILD dvd.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra, I prefer the ABR album Messengers, but Thrill Seeker is baaarely behind it. Aren't they different singers? I don't know much about the band other than I like their image haha, preppy stoner looking guys producing much much harder music than most typical metal bands.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra, I prefer the ABR album Messengers, but Thrill Seeker is baaarely behind it. Aren't they different singers? I don't know much about the band other than I like their image haha, preppy stoner looking guys producing much much harder music than most typical metal bands.

Haha, yeah it's kind of hard to classify them because they dont come off as a metal band but most of the time their sound fits the genre. I think they were all youth pastors at one time which makes it even funnier.

Seeing them and AILD in concert was definitely one of the best concerts Ive ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread