Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I never heard of this game until i decided to play some CSS yesterday while Origin was having log in issues. I see an advertisement for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. I watched the video on youtube. It's a short game but only was $17. I impulsed bought it and im very pleaed with the game. The last MGS game i played was snake eater. Before that, only MGS for ps1. I played the ps1 game A LOT. This one reminded me of them days. It's a great game so far and id recommend it. I have a 2-3 year old Dell XPS and it plays the game on high.

jmsa540

Established Member
Nice thread, OP. I, too, enjoy the MGS series. However, I'm playing on console.

Ground Zeroes was good; ready for Phantom Pain!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
GZ was basically a demo to show off the new fox engine for The Phantom Pain, which looks absolutely incredible. A lot of people suspect TPP is coming out in Q1 of 2015, lets hope they are right.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
My favorite in the series was metal gear solid 2, really good story line in it. Others werent bad either and I havent missed any of the games (besides handheld versions) since the series came out.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
The stores taking pre-orders have the release date as 3/30/15 for TPP hopefully that is correct. Was a big fan of MGS I&II, this is Kojima's last game definitely picking it up.

I want to try ground zeroes but resent paying $15 for a demo, how is the length?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Metal Gear games never seem to disappoint a gamer. They always are great games that you can get into. And they always provide a great story, like Halo. You can get "into" the storyline.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
But the bundle pack for ps3 comes with 1,2, and snake eater then get 4 for ps3 also. By far my favorite series ever.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I just started playing PS2 again and two of the six games I just picked up are MGS2:SoL and MSG3:SE. Awesome awesome awesome series!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Can’t decide which I enjoyed better, Snake Eater or Metal Gear Solid, they are both very well done in every department in its time and still IMO can’t be touched by a lot of games in today’s time.

I love all MGS games, yes, including the worst one, MGS2. Never played the portable one’s though, can’t wait for Phantom Pain, sucks David Hayter isn’t Snake anymore Sutherland did a great job though

SirShaun

Established Member
I was going to buy it but figured might as well wait until the full game comes out.

This thread made me go back in time to the days of MGS on the Playstation. Rushing through the vents to catch Meryl in her underwear, using cardboard boxes in the back of trucks to fast travel across the game, and having to put in disk 2 because the game was that awesome.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would suggest this also. But there are talks of backwards compatibility on both XB1 and PS4.

Should have been like this from day one. I got an xbone for xmas and I'm not real happy about a lot of the features. Forza 5 in particular.

You've piqued my interest about this game though op. I'll do some research and hopefully find it for cheap.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I was going to buy it but figured might as well wait until the full game comes out.

This thread made me go back in time to the days of MGS on the Playstation. Rushing through the vents to catch Meryl in her underwear, using cardboard boxes in the back of trucks to fast travel across the game, and having to put in disk 2 because the game was that awesome.

Dont forget the epic gun fight with mantis and having to unplug the controller and put it in port 2.

Snake eater was great as well.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Dont forget the epic gun fight with mantis and having to unplug the controller and put it in port 2.

Snake eater was great as well.

The gun fight with mantis had me on the verge of throwing my tv out the window.

I picked up Ground Zereos last night but I haven't played it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread