Metal Rear Seat Delete?

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Where can I find this? I think it looks pretty clean and i'm putting a cage in the car anyway. If I can find where to get this kit or if I have to make it myself i'll probably have it painted black and maybe get a Snake airbrushed on it... I just really need to find this delete! Anyone have any info?

31400030050large.jpg

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
I don't like the split in the middle though... would much rather have it one solid piece so I could at least make it look a little better with some airbrushing.

Digital

Established Member
What you're looking for is rear-seat firewalls. They make you have them if you run nitrous in your trunk or a cell in certain classes.
If you're doing it for that purpose cool, otherwise the metal kits weigh very close to the weight of the seats you removed defeating the purpose.

On a side note whats this? Brake cooling ducts?
image1gg.jpg

Last edited:

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
Yeah, I believe those are cooling ducts. And thanks for the info. I'm not running nitrous just wanted an alternative to the carpet/wood combos. The one in the top pic is sheet metal but I think the ones from ScottRob are aluminum, is that the same weight? I thought aluminum would be much lighter than seats or even the delete kits.

Digital

Established Member
Yeah, I believe those are cooling ducts. And thanks for the info. I'm not running nitrous just wanted an alternative to the carpet/wood combos. The one in the top pic is sheet metal but I think the ones from ScottRob are aluminum, is that the same weight? I thought aluminum would be much lighter than seats or even the delete kits.

I run a heavy cardboard RSD kit that I made with custom carpet.
It's uber light and looks great. You should try that.
I would even go as far as to say grab a heavy cardboard and get a vynl over-lay for it so it looks metal. That would be sweet.

CobraKalas

Established Member
I bought a Rear seat delete a while ago and just picked up some cardboard im going to replace the wood with. wood seemed pretty heavy.

Digital

Established Member
I bought a Rear seat delete a while ago and just picked up some cardboard im going to replace the wood with. wood seemed pretty heavy.

Ya the wood ones can be heavy. If you can find solid sheets like they use on science fair board but not folded that seams to work the best.
Also if you go to a fabric store that sells a felt material that is blackish grey it'll match the rear bolsters and the carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread