Metal vs. Plastic

ZXnVS

Established Member
I don't know about you guys, but my only complaint with my new Cobra is the endless expanse of dark gray plastic that constitutes the interior. Yesterday I received my orders from MGW, Ltd. and UPR. I got the latter's cruise control buttons and window/doorlock/mirror switches, and they really make a nice contrast and make the interior look less cheap.

The UPR parts were good, but the stuff from MGW was flawless. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but if you're considering any trim pieces, I'd check them out at www.mgwltd.com They make headlight knobs, shifter knobs, a turn signal lever trim piece, AC knobs, billet gas caps, etc., etc. Your choice of chrome or satin finish.

Now a quick question for anyone else with the UPR cruise control buttons: when I hit the on/off switch, the horn blows! I'm not making this up. I pulled the switch back out and looked around, and I'll be damned if I can figure out why. The switch is not rubbing anything, and there are no loose wires or bare metal that it could be shorting out. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

99GTvert

Established Member
Do you have to take the steering wheel apart to install these? If so is there anything you must do to make sure the airbags do not go off? Also how did your window/lock buttons go on? I got mine from upr and the window switches wiggle around. I think it is because mine is a convertible and they did have that rectangle that goes around them to hold them in place.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
but my only complaint with my new Cobra is the endless expanse of dark gray plastic that constitutes the interior...

Aint that the truth..., I hate it. I am going the same route as you. Is that web site correct. Took me to a funny site.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Cobra(ed) Up said:
...Is that web site correct. Took me to a funny site.

that's because there was a period at the end of the URL..I fixed it :thumbsup:

MGW rocks! :rockon:

Last edited:

03DSGSVT

Established Member
I've had MGW stuff in both of my Lightnings in the past, and they are without a doubt some of the best pieces I have seen.
Very nice work, and decent pricing too...!

Users who are viewing this thread